*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022575-Return-to-the-Little-Library
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2260969
A small town life in a small town library.
#1022575 added November 30, 2021 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
Return to the Little Library!
Is Thanksgiving really over? Is it really almost Christmas?

I'll start with last Tuesday. I got to the hospital, shucked my clothes for a fashionable {note sarcasm} gown, had IV inserted and waited. They did an EKG on me. It showed my heartbeat was in rhythm. The nurse showed that to my doc after he finished the procedure before mine. He ordered another. It showed my heart was in rhythm too. So guess what? you can't shock a heart back into rhythm when it's already there. He sent me home. All is well. I kinda wondered if my over consumption of caffeine had a lot to do with it. In the past few weeks I've all but cut it out of my diet.

On to Thanksgiving Day. I drove to my best friend's house for lunch. There were 8 of us there. Way down from previous years. We lost one of us to cancer in January, her husband moved to Oklahoma. My friend's youngest son's, oldest son came down with the flu so they didn't come. That's 5 more down. And my friend's sister and her husband won't leave the house as long as absolutely everyone gets their vaccine. Good luck with that! It was a quiet day and I really enjoyed that over the chaos that usually happens.

The rest of my time off was fairly relaxed. I mostly stayed home with my dogs.

As for Christmas, I broke my own rules. NO music or decorations until after Thanksgiving. That didn't happen. Oh well.

I'll be going north of the Red River for Christmas. I plan to stay with my sister a few days. It will be good, I think.

Oh, and add 2 more to those who left us list. My cousin's husband passed early last week and a friend lost her husband the day after Thanksgiving. My heart breaks for them. I hate for anybody to lose someone, especially around the holidays.

As for my first day back at the little library, they were open one day last week. I was left all the returns to shelve. I also had two armloads of books from the drop. Between shelving and all the things I do before opening in the morning, I barely got things done. I had a busy hour and a half with people coming in at once, all wanting my attention. It was stressful but I love my job.

© Copyright 2021 Nikola~Loving Her Gracie Girl! (UN: nmarshall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nikola~Loving Her Gracie Girl! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022575-Return-to-the-Little-Library