*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023938-Blogging-Prompt-JAFBG
by Sum1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2224976
Writings about things that have occurred in my life. Not in Chronological Order
#1023938 added December 31, 2021 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging Prompt JAFBG
What widely-accepted piece of advice is actually total bull....? (I try tro keep my entries at the E-Rating level)



                   This has to do with making your bed. My other half firmly believes that advice from a 'Professional' a.k.a. Martha Stewart, should be followed. In this case, we disagree over her advice about making the bed in the morning.

         If (when) I lived alone, I didn't make my bed. My thoughts were, I'm just going to mess it up tonight when I crawl back in it, so why make it now? It just makes sense to me. In reading 'How To Make Your Bed' on https://www.marthastewart.com/8100423/how-make-bed-martha-tips, she must think that everyone has the amount of money she does. She forgets that many can't afford nice sheets, don't have the comforts of life that she does, and has really lost touch with the 'average American'. I'm an adult, I don't need advice on how to make my bed, IF I choose to make it.

         I will forget the part about nice sheets and such, what really gets me, and is the cause of our disagreement, is the idea that the top sheet should be placed with the print side down. This way, when folded back, you can see the print. I don't know about you, but when I pull my sheet back, I'm getting in bed and going to sleep. I am NOT examining the top sheet print to see how beautiful, IF it's beautiful. I buy plain sheets, so what's to see? But she insists the top sheet be print side down. My argument is that it doesn't help us sleep better, doesn't change or help any 'late night activity', all it does is cover us. So it can be placed however we choose.

         Another thing that gets me, is the old 'Toilet Tissue Roll' placement. Do you put it in the holder so it unrolls over the top, or from the bottom? What a stupid argument/discussion! All I care about is that it unrolls when I need it to. I don't want it to be like some rolls of tape, where you search for an hour trying to find the end so you can use it for less than five minutes. It can be placed however you want, as long as ir works. It's stupid things like this that really get me.

         Another petty thing that gets to me? Someone who's quite willing to tell you how intelligent or smart they are. That's petty of me, I know. But it bugs me. There's too much about it to go into here, heck, I could write a novel length entry on that subject, so no, not going into it here. I think someone who does that must be pretty insecure about many things.

         So there you have it, on the last day of 2021, the last 1.75 hours of 2021 for me really. I hope y'all have a safe and fantastic night. Celebrate however you wish, just be safe my friends.

         That's all for now. Aren't you glad? Till next time, y'all be good, take care of yourselves, and love those who love you. And of course, keep on writing!

© Copyright 2021 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023938-Blogging-Prompt-JAFBG