*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024116-Its-News-to-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024116 added January 3, 2022 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
It's News to Me
Sunday, January 2, 2022


Prompt: READ IT IN THE SUNDAY PAPERS
We used to read the newspaper in the old days, then discuss our feelings about the various news stories. We called it conversation.
Write a blog entry about a current news story in your area. Tell us your opinion on the topic and invite your readers to engage in a conversation in the comments.


*News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News* *News*


Doing a search of current Texas news, I was inundated with articles on sports, politics, and the pandemic. Honestly, I have grown tired of reading/hearing about all three. Let's get back to real news already people! I did find a break from the current norm with Overloaded Human Smuggling Plane Crashes in Texas Desert. Pilot Flees, Cops Say   - and there were couple of articles on murders and the like.

So, let's discuss a bit on this plane crash, shall we? Here's the condensed version. This Texan, probably with more money than sense, decided to smuggle illegal immigrants across the US/Mexican border in his plane - but since he had more people in the plane than it was built to hold, he lost control of the plane and it crashed in the South Texas desert. This ass-wipe then fled the crash, leaving his passengers to fend for themselves in a new country and wounded from the accident. Local law enforcement, border patrol, and TxDOT all arrived on the scene for search and rescue. As of this article, they still had not found the pilot, but they say it is possible he didn't walk away from the crash unscathed - that he might even have lost an eye.

My opinion: First, I think he deserves much worse than losing an eye. I hope he gets bitten by a rattler in the desert or something equally painful. Anyone who puts their love of money over the safety of a fellow human being needs to be knocked upside the head at the very least. (There's my Texan-ism coming out for y'all to see) People like this are a huge part of the immigration problem. I'm not opposed to people coming to the US to better their lives. In fact, my husband is an immigrant (he's Canadian). I do have a problem with these smugglers who make money off these poor people who just want better lives though. Human life is important regardless of where they are from. I hope they find this guy and throw the book at him.

As far as the people coming into the US illegally, I understand that they want better for themselves, but there are legal routes for moving to the United States. And the legal routes would cost them much less in the long run - in both money and their lives/safety.

Word Count: 458

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024116-Its-News-to-Me