*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024125-A-Girl-Can-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024125 added January 3, 2022 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
A Girl Can Dream
January 3, 2022


Prompt: TWOFOR TUESDAY - Take your pick of either or both of these blog prompts.
1. True confessions: Tell us why you'll always be a hippy.
2. If money was no object, but you can only renovate one room in your house...What would you do?


*FlowerB* *Flowerw* *ButterflyG* *TieDye3* *Peace2* *TieDye1* *ButterflyO* *FlowerV* *FlowerY*


I have decided to answer both the prompts for today because they go well together. It seems as though this question was just for me, or people like mee. I'll always be a hippie because - well, I'm a tree hugging nature loving hippie. I absolutely love plants. So much so that my while obtaining my degree in biology, my research focused on plants. But not just plants - plant genetics. Not to genetically modify anything but to understand more about plants and their growth and flowering patterns and how those patterns are altered by their environment - all the way down to the genetic level. What does that have to do with being a hippie, you might ask. Simple. The more I understand of nature the more I can keep all my plants and trees healthy and happy. I'm also a tie-dye wearing, frisbee throwing, animal loving (and pot smoking) peace freak. And in my mind, I will always value the peace of nature above the hectic chaos of urban life. Laid back and easy going is my preferred way of doing things.
What would I do with lots of money and a room to renovate? I would make the most awesome sun-room/reading room, full of light and plants and, of course, books. Three of the walls would be floor to ceiling oak bookshelves holding house plants and books by all of my favorite authors. The fourth wall would be all windows in order to let the light in. In the middle of the room would be a papasan chair, a big comfy recliner, and of course I'd have to have a bean bag chair in there as well.

OR (if the gub'ment made weed legal) I could turn one of the spare bedrooms into a grow room and use my education and experience with plants to grow some amazing weed to help with my seizures and lupus SLE. While it isn't why I decided to research plants, I suppose it is a dream of potheads everywhere to be able to grow their own smoke. Then I'd know exactly what went into what I put in my body, right? Of course, this is just a pipe dream, so is the sun room. Money will always be an object here in my world. I just make the best of it with what I've got. Hell, at least I'm still alive to see more days.



Word Count: 448

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024125-A-Girl-Can-Dream