*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024403-Teased
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1024403 added January 9, 2022 at 11:45am
Restrictions: None
Teased!
Yes, teased!

In my opinion, it's not very nice to tease someone like this and then not follow through.

I'm talking about the weather, just in case you're wondering. We have been plunged into an arctic deep freeze since Christmas. But, we do see the thermometer (Fahrenheit)  read positive numbers once in a while. I mean, it will, for about one day, rise into the single digits above zero, but only to snow and blow, and hit us with yet another winter storm.

But, the weatherman told us that by this weekend we would actually get a nice break from the cold. Yes, he told us that. He said in the forecast that it would be in the twenties on Saturday and then stay about that warm most of this week... He lied!

But, he did tease us first, before we discovered he was lying. See, yesterday was just as he said it would be. The sun was out, the temp was up, and it was a beautiful day. So nice that we, my family, drove over to my elderly mother-in-law's to take down holiday decorations and clean ut her driveway from all the snow.

By mid-afternoon, the wind had come up and the sun had receded into a sky of gray. Then, even as I was finishing up the big job of shoveling all the snow from her rather large drive, it began to lightly snow. After a nice break inside, I went out to move vehicles; I had moved them to shovel more snow. It was still snowing, but just lightly. However, the air was now very cold and the wind was blowing rather hard.

By the time we drove home early yesterday evening, it was very cold, just below zero, windy, and blowing snow. The weatherman had changed the forecast, I found out, now it was supposed to drop to about eight below and barely get above zero today.

However, it didn't get down to eight below, it dropped to eighteen below and our high for today is maybe going to hit eight below. Then back down tonight; we may see thirty below, and maybe a high of ten below tomorrow.

But, the weatherman says it should get warmer on Tuesday, up into the twenties with lots of sunshine, and he says, it should stay that way for the rest of the week.

But, I've heard these lies before...

© Copyright 2022 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024403-Teased