*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024458-5-Day-Mini-Challenge---Day-1---Antikythera---11022
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024458 added January 10, 2022 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
5 Day Mini Challenge - Day 1 - Antikythera - 1/10/22
Jan. 10, 2022

January, 2022 5 Day Mini Challenge - Day 1
Ancient Technology - Antikythera Computes A Mystery
Named after the island near where it was found by sponge divers 115 years ago, the Antikythera mechanism is an incredible machine of finely calibrated gears that appeared to be technology not available until at least the 10th century—but the mechanism was at least 2,000 years old.
Then in 2016, it was found in Andre the Blog Monkey's luggage when he returned to Canada from a magical mystery ship vacation.

Can anybody shed some light on this mysterious object?


         The Antikythera mechanism creates portals into the space-time complex and was created by an advanced civilization in an alternate reality. They are the result of scientists and engineers working in concert with members of an alien race, using metals only found on worlds outside our solar system. These devices were created to aid the peoples in learning about events of their past, future, and other possible realities. Most excursions into the space-time continuum have gone off without a hitch, but in the case of this particular incident, the portal opened in the middle of an earth covered in water, some 2.5 billion years ago. Having had experience appearing in hostile environments, the crew of Team Omicron were luckily wearing suits capable of allowing them to survive the extreme conditions at the depths of the ocean floor. However, when Excursion Team Omicron exited the portal into this plane, they had the misfortune of coming out close to a giant kraken's nest. The hungry kraken took advantage of this bounty from heaven to supplement her diet, and such was the unfortunate end of the Omicron Team. The device not agreeing with the kraken's digestive system, she spat the machine out where it sat on the floor of the ocean until it was once again discovered a little over a century ago. Humans of this time do not have the knowledge or ability to operate the mechanism, so it had sat gathering dust in one research lab or another for the last 50 years. Then along comes Andre, who can tell there's more to the device than the humans understand. He steals the Antikythera mechanism and returns to Canada so he can figure out what exactly it is. As he is cleaning the sand and debris from the machine, he accidentally activates the device and opens a space-time portal into an unknown world-time where he falls in love with a buxom brunette. Before being sent back to his home world-time, he fathers a youngling. This is the beginning of the Planet of the Apes.

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024458-5-Day-Mini-Challenge---Day-1---Antikythera---11022