*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024518-5-Day-Mini-Challenge-Day-2---Dighton-Rock---Jan-11-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024518 added January 11, 2022 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
5 Day Mini Challenge Day 2 - Dighton Rock - Jan. 11, 2021
What's Written On Dighton Rock?
In the 1950s, workers uncovered a huge 40-ton rock near Berkeley, Massachusetts with strange marks and symbols carved on it. It had first been described around 1680 and was studied many times by scholars in the centuries after, as per New England.
Because it appears to have both pictorial inscriptions as well as some letter-like carvings, not everyone thinks it is the work of Native tribes in the area, but possibly the work of sailors from Portugal or even proof of Viking or Phoenician visitation.

Andre says, "If anyone can decipher this message, it would have to be a writer."
Share your theory, and solve the message in the marks and symbols. Convince your readers that your theory is the only factual solution.


All one has to do is look at the Dighton Rock to be able to know the story of the day the Golden Ones came down from the skies in their floating boats. It describes the animals and plants of the land and waters that the Golden Ones encountered that day on their way to meet with the Peoples of the land, the Omamiwinini. On the rock, you can plainly see one of the Golden Ones coming out of the sky in his floating boat near a deer standing in a grove of trees. On the other side of the Golden One opposite the deer there is a large fish swimming amongst some water plants and bison roaming the land. Underneath the bison, a pair of wolves appears to be interested in the pile of furs which sit at the feet of the Elders. But what is less known is that the Golden Ones themselves carved the images on the stone so that the Peoples would never forget and would continue to tell the stories for generations. Besides, it was much easier for them to carve it with their laser knives than it would have been using the primitive tools of the Omamiwinini.

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024518-5-Day-Mini-Challenge-Day-2---Dighton-Rock---Jan-11-2021