*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025183-January-23-2022
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#1025183 added January 22, 2022 at 9:54am
Restrictions: None
January 23, 2022
January 23, 2022


Today's card is from the Dark Goddess Tarot---La Santa Muerte--the Mexican Goddess of Death.

I work in an adult dementia day stay and bought "faith bracelets" kits thinking they might be an OK arts and crafts project. I decided they were too complicated for most of our members to finish. I gave them away to co-workers and made one for myself.

There are 7 beads---yellow for light (God created light). green for the trees and plants, blue for the seas, white for purity, red for the blood shed, and black for death. There is a clear bead, for how are lives would be if we followed God's mandates. I am only a nominal Christian, more attuned to Mother Mary, but choosing to wear my bracelet to honor Her. I believe in ecology not theology and Mama Mary is the earth's body and heart.

Also, for some inexplicable reason I have been thinking about the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary. I grew up in Pittsburgh and know that Fred Rogers "Mr. Rogers" was a graduate and his missio was children's television. I have found that they do offer on-line continuing education classes. The next class coming up is about finding beauty in the world. I believe the classes are chiefly for ministers and religious, so not certain if this would be usedul to this "nominal" Christian. But sometimes you have to follow your heart's weird promptings.

Thich Naht Han's comment on death--resonated with me.

The Goddess Tarot--XIII--Death--Santa Muerte--Death is life's destiny.

 ~
 ~

© Copyright 2022 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025183-January-23-2022