*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025962-Day-3---Youre-So-Vain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1025962 added February 3, 2022 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3 - You're So Vain
Soundtrack of Your Life Logo

2/3/22 - Day 3
Prompt: Last Year's Playlist (2021). Which songs were you listening to most often over the past year?


2021 saw the return home of my eldest after about 7 years away. She had moved back in with us in order to escape an unhappy and unhealthy relationship. While she was getting settled in, since I was unable to work due to health issues, we listened to quite a lot of the music we had listened to while the girls were growing up. One day, I was listening to my personal playlist online when she rushed out of her room and excitedly stated, "I remember that song! Remember when I thought you had just made up a song about me? That's it!" She was, of course, referring to Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" - and yes, she was so vain back then that she thought the song was about her.

Of course, back then the only part she heard was the chorus:
"I bet you think this song is about you
Don't you don't you don't you?
I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee clouds in my coffee and

You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you

You're so vain (you're so vain)
I bet you think this song is about you
Don't you don't you?"


We finished listening to the song, reliving happy memories of more innocent times, laughing at the vanity of a teenaged girl. And I in turn told my daughter stories of my own youthful vanity. It was a mother-daughter moment we hadn't been able to experience to that point due to our differences. And it was a turning point in my relationship with my adult daughter.



About this song; Lyrics and Such:

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025962-Day-3---Youre-So-Vain