*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026051-A-Better-Day
by Sum1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2224976
Writings about things that have occurred in my life. Not in Chronological Order
#1026051 added August 13, 2022 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
A Better Day
A Better Day


         Well, for the past 10 days or so, I've lived with pain from the spinal surgery. I have always been one who detests taking meds routinely for some reason which is a big part of why I've had so much pain. That, and the fact that I 'expected' to recover from this a little faster than I have. But when you realize that the surgeon had to cut through the muscles in the back of the neck and separate them to get to the spinal column, it makes sense that this would not heal quickly. I was expecting too much, and was unrealistic in my expectations of recovery. Today has been a good day. It's not been pain free, but it's been A LOT better than it has these past 10 days.

         On a separate note, I received a compliment of sorts at work today. Last year I spent a week cross-training one of our Asia Pacific instructors on a series of topics that he needed information about. It went well, and he was very appreciative of what we did. Now a woman who works for him will be in our Fort Lauderdale complex delivering a class, followed by a couple of weeks in Schaumburg. She e-mailed me today asking if I could be available one of those weeks to cross-train her on several subjects. Well, as you might imagine, I don't control my schedule, but I am free one of those weeks. I informed my managers about this, and now I am scheduled to work with her the first week in April. Being asked to cross-train someone is always a compliment in my eyes. But having a manager you cross-trained a few months ago recommend to one of his employees that she ask to have me cross-train her also is a bigger compliment.

         The first week of March starts my 'new schedule'. While I'm not scheduled to travel a lot, I will be teaching a lot more. Some at home, some in Schaumburg, and some in the field. Starting the week of Valentines, and going to the end of June is 19 weeks. I will deliver 7 weeks of online classes, 6 weeks of Field classes, 1 day of 'Virtual Professor' (I'm in a Virtual Classroom waiting for people to come in and ask questions), 2 weeks delivering classes in Schaumburg, and 1 week in Schaumburg Cross-Training the Asia Pacific (APAC) instructor. One of my 'free' weeks will be a week of meetings and such during Memorial Day week. So yep, it's gonna get busy, and remain that way the rest of this year. Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to it!

         That's all for now. Aren't you glad? Till next time, y'all be good, take care of yourselves, and love those who love you. And of course, keep on writing!





Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026051-A-Better-Day