*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026285-2822---Focus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1026285 added February 8, 2022 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
2/8/22 - Focus!
Soundtrack of Your Life Logo
Feb. 8, 2022


You ever wake up in the morning and realize it's going to be one of those days where your mind is all over the place? Your brain already seems to be on hyperdrive when you open your eyes. I felt that last year more than I care to admit. What got me thinking about that? It's how I woke this morning as well. And I added coffee to the mix. I haven't had coffee in I don't know how long, but this morning I woke all congested and knew the coffee would dilate my bronchial tubes. So, I drank coffee. Now I'll be jittery and all over the place most of the day - but I won't be congested! For today's offering, I chose a song that is a favorite of mine and my husband. We happened across this song about 20 years ago while we were on a road trip to Houston Texas. We'd never heard the like, and we wanted more, so when the DJ announced what the song was and who performed it when it was over, I made sure to write it down - because even back then my memory wasn't the best.

The group, called Focus consists of Thijs van Leer, drummer Pierre van der Linden, and Jan Akkerman, and was created as "just a send-up of those rock groups." The song I chose, "Hocus Pocus," originally recorded in 1971, is an instrumental hit known for its use of yodeling. The song stood out on the radio as there was nothing like it on the airwaves. It also contains flute, accordion and various vocal sounds. The album version of this Van Leer/Akkerman composition runs to 6 minutes 42 seconds. The radio version entered the Billboard Chart at #98 the week ending March 3, 1973 and peaked at #9 the week ending June 2, 1973. What was created as a joke turned out to be very popular, but Hocus Pocus was the only hit of the Dutch progressive rock band.

Welcome to the chaos of my mind summed up in one song.



© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026285-2822---Focus