*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026288-Three-Score-and-Now-Eleven--Day-175-Ice-Fishing-Story
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1026288 added February 8, 2022 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Now Eleven + Day 175 Ice Fishing Story
Three Score and Now Eleven + Day 175
Dear Grandsons and All
It is a nice day, Sunny and warmer. A nice day for Ice fishing. I will go later this afternoon. I have not been doing very well as of late. The typical mid-winter bite. but I need to go out into the sun.
It has been over sixty years since my first Ice Fishing outing that should have cured me of ice fishing for good. I and my next in line brother were able to go with my father and his friend. I am not sure where we went, but I am sure we were excited. It was a distance. What I do remember has how cold and windy it was. I am sure we did not have the best of clothes. And there was no shelter. And nobody caught a fish. But the real treat was I stepped in a hole with my boot at the beginning and had a wet foot for the day. My father was not concerned. But my father's friend was. The friend was a good friend of my grandfather who had passed by this time. He was age wise between my father and my grandfather. He gathered wood from the shore and built a fire on the ice for my brother and me. That fire made a bad day bearable. I think of that man and that day at least once year when I go ice fishing. As a side bar I went ice fishing with the wife a couple of years ago and she stepped in a hole and got a wet foot. We were close to the van. We went home shortly afterward. One thing about Ice Fishing you do not want to get wet. Stay dry and you can be warm, Grandsons.
Till Later I'll let you know how I do today

© Copyright 2022 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026288-Three-Score-and-Now-Eleven--Day-175-Ice-Fishing-Story