*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026700-February-14---Happy-Valentines-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1026700 added February 14, 2022 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
February 14 - Happy Valentine's Day


*HeartV* Day 1: Your blind date is Andre *HeartV*
You are not a 'kiss and tell' kind of person.
Your friends start to think that you have been alone for way too long now and set you up with Andre as a blind date.
What the friends don’t know is that you and Andre already know each other and have dated in the past.
How will things turn out this time?



"It's Just Lunch"

It’s been a few years since Mike left me. Painful years, years I’d like to forget. So now all my friends have decided I need some companionship. A new man in my life is what I need, so they think. I think, no, make that I know, everyone needs to just let me alone.

But after a few days, I relent. What’s the harm in a little male companionship? I tell everyone, sure, do your best.

Marcie signed me up on ‘Magic on the Musselshell’, a local dating site. Then Rudy put my name on ‘Roundup Roundabouts’, another site. And Julie found this online app called ‘It’s Just Lunch’. I, personally, think they’re all crazy. These sound like places losers go to find love.

But I am not one to disappoint my friends, so I’ll play along.

‘Magic on the Musselshell’ found me a date. This guy, Mr. ‘Let’s Just Be Friends First’ was fine. But he wanted more than just a friendly first date. Cross him off. ‘Roundup Roundabouts’ sent me someone from the hills. This person needed a shower, a shave and a laundromat. He, I won’t call back either. So that takes me to the ‘It’s Just Lunch’ match.

‘Fun-loving Guy’ and I arrange to meet at the Hitching Post, our local restaurant. He mentioned he’d be wearing a flowered shirt. That should be easy to spot.

As I walk into the restaurant, I spied ‘Fun-loving Guy’. He’s in the flowered shirt and a corner booth.

A large pizza sits in the middle of the table with a pitcher of beer and two glasses beside it. Seems he already started lunch, without me.

“Andre! You’re ‘Fun-loving Guy?” I plopped down into the booth.

“Anamsewer! Gjj.d,” he replied while chewing.

“Please, manners. Chew that before you talk.” Grabbing napkins, I wipe his mouth, then checked for who might be watching us.

I couldn’t believe it. Of all the choices, this dating service sent me Andre. We have quite a history. We dated before, to a disastrous end. But I’m willing to let bygones-be-bygones and try again.

Andre grinned that stupid little monkey grin of his. It melts my heart every time.

“Aer. WErlk. WERae.” A furry paw lands on top of my hand.

“Are you? Really? Well, I don’t know. I’ll have to think about that.”

Andre poured the beer, half went on the table, on him, on me. We mopped up the best we could with all the napkins. I signaled the waitress.

“What can I do for you two love-birds?” She smiled, I gave her a withering glance.

“I think we need more napkins.”

“ASdnfk mkre beer,” said Andre.

“Really? You can’t speak English but you know the word for beer? Amazing.”

Napkins and beer arrived, the waitress stared for a second. I gave a second withering look. She scurried off.

“Alright, Andre. I think this date is over. Thanks for your time. And the beer. It’s been real and it’s been fun, but I can’t say that this has been real fun.”

He jumped onto the table, hopped over to me, planted a sloppy kiss on my face, then ran out the door.

I was left with a beer-soaked soggy pizza, beer-soaked clothes and shoes, and the check for three pizzas and three pitchers of beer.

Happy Valentine’s Day!


Pizza and Valentine's Day



W/C 564








new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026700-February-14---Happy-Valentines-Day