*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027502-22622---Up-in-Smoke
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1027502 added February 27, 2022 at 2:24am
Restrictions: None
2/26/22 - Up in Smoke
2/26/22
Soundtrack of Your Life Logo



I heard a song earlier today on the radio that reminded me of the happenings of a night out with the hubby and friends. Last year I was on a rare night out with my husband. We had decided to go and hear our friends' band play at the local VFW. The night was going great until the singer announced that there would be a "guest singer" for the next song because they did not know the Spanish part of the song they were about to play. That would not have been a big deal had they not announced that I would be the one singing. It was the first time I have ever sang in front of a crowd of people and it will also be my last. But you'd think that a band would know all the words to the songs they play. I think they had it planned. I've sang it when we were just having jam sessions and chilling, but in public? That's the ingredient that spells disaster. I don't do well in crowds, especially when they are focusing on me. I sang it though, my inhibitions probably lowered by the Crown & Coke I'd been drinking.

The song they wanted me to sing is "Up in Smoke" by Cheech and Chong.

"Up in Smoke" was written and performed by Tommy Chong and Richard "Cheech" Marin. It was the title song on the soundtrack for the 1978 movie "Up in Smoke," the soundtrack album was released in 1979. It is a fun song about what the singer does to relax, or pretty much for any reason. The second verse is a hybrid mixture of both English and Spanish languages and adds a unique touch to the song.

So what if it's about pot. Eventually the stuff will be legal all over the U.S. and songs like this will lose some of their shock factor.

Lyrics




Have a good night, folks.

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027502-22622---Up-in-Smoke