*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027545-22722---Just-Breathe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1027545 added February 27, 2022 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
2/27/22 - Just Breathe
2/27/22
Soundtrack of Your Life Logo


Have I said before how big a fan I am of Willie Nelson? I'm pretty sure I have, but if you didn't know, now you do. I've loved his music since I was a wee lass; my parents assert that I would sing Willie songs before I would actually talk to anyone. It was the beginnings of a love affair with music that has lasted the entirety of my life.

I grew up in the hometown of Willie Nelson, Abbott Texas. It's a very small town in northern central Texas about thirty miles up the highway (I-35) north of Waco. The people there are generally friendly, and they are quite proud of having Willie as one of their "sons". Growing up, I always said I'd marry Willie one day. Many people told me to stop being silly because Willie is old enough to be my father. So I'd counter with, "Maybe Willie will have a son and I can marry him." Of course, I never did marry into the Nelson family, but that's alright since I can still enjoy the music. But Willie did indeed have a son. He had a total of seven children. I know at least two of them are boys and I have watched videos of them singing with their uber famous dad. I'm sure most, if not all, of his offspring are musically inclined. Lukas even decided to follow in Dear Old Dad's footsteps and has become a singer in his own right, being vocalist and guitarist in the band Promise of the Real. His voice is eerily similar to that of Willie when he was a young man, and he looks a lot like his dad too. He has also acted in movies such as "A Star is Born", "Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard", and "Palmer". Lukas has a beautiful voice and quite a bit of talent.

Back in 2012, Willie did a cover of Pearl Jam's "Just Breathe". When Eddie Vedder heard that Willie was taking on one of his songs, he expressed his excitement, comparing the experience to “smoking a great joint without all the coughing or the smoke.” He also expressed how honored he was and even referred to Nelson’s cover as the “best contribution to music so far.” I'd have to agree. It takes my breath away every time I hear it, it is phenomenal. At the Farm Aid in 2013, Willie's son Lukas joined him on the stage for the song, both singing and playing acoustic guitar.
Their duet music video for the song is just as moving, showing Willie and his son driving in a convertible on a road trip and singing, playing guitar at a campground, and sitting in bars and diners. It is a wonderful vision of the bond between a father and his son. The video ends with music fading, Lukas playing guitar sitting on an old picnic table, and Willie driving the convertible alone down the old country road. Symbolizing that we must all part at some point.

Lyrics and Such:


Everybody needs to be reminded from time to time to Just Breathe.
Hope you all enjoy.



© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027545-22722---Just-Breathe