*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028608-Two-Slight-Problems-I-Noticed
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1028608 added March 9, 2022 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
Two Slight Problems I Noticed
Two Slight Problems I noticed


Reading scripts, both movies and television scripts, I noticed a couple of things that I need to do when it comes to my Story Outlines. One is the first time I introduce a character. The other one is how many spaces I should have between sentences.

I know to capitalize each character when they are being introduced for the first time. And I should give their ages or age range aka the 30s, 40s, etc. But they are enclosed in half moon brackets instead of between commas. That isn’t what I have been doing, though. I prefer to spell out ages. But everyone else wants to do their numeric values. Which one is correct? Can it be either?

It looks like it’s the numeric values that are preferred. So, I will have to rewrite my Story Outlines in that way. It should take too long to do that, though. What may take me some time is the two spaces between sentences instead of one. I may need to do some rewriting because of that. Hopefully, it won’t be too much rewriting.

Some scripts I have read are like short stories. They only have one space between sentences. But all the others there are two spaces. And I have read a lot of scripts. Especially, the ones for television shows. Just thought of something else that I noticed. I space twice between the end of one scene and the beginning of another. But it looks like everyone else only does it once. Am I wrong in doing it twice?






© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028608-Two-Slight-Problems-I-Noticed