*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028647-Burlington-County-NJ
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1028647 added March 9, 2022 at 6:02pm
Restrictions: None
Burlington County, NJ
Locale: Burlington County (Mt Holly), NJ

Week  of: March 7, 2022

         It's been a busy week for me, one I was used to a couple of years ago, but not recently.  This week I am in Burlington County NJ for a quick 2-day class with them.  It's a nice start to what's going to be quite a spring/summer for me.

         Things went very well this week with the class.  I was a little worried about it for one small reason.  A co-worker was here last week teaching essentially the same course.  Except his was about what's called 'Trunked GTR's, whereas mine was all about the Conventional operation of it.  The operation of it is completely different system-wise, but heck, a radio is a radio, so what could I cover about that wasn't covered last week?  The simple answer is, not much.  So I concentrated on the programming of it (a bit different) and other small things they might not have known about.  Like I said, it went very well really.

         My schedule continues to get busier and busier.  March and April are booked solid, May has one week free, but my manager called me today and asked if I could teach that week.;  I can of course, but that will 'violate' our policy.  We're only allowed to deliver a maximum of 5 weeks in a row, that week in May would be #6.  We'll see what the upper level management says about that.  Right now, here's what's going on in my schedule.

Week of 3/14:  US Navy, San Clemente (Online class, I will spend one night in Schaumburg for it)
Week of 3/21:  Philippine Armed Services.  On line class, teaching Wed-Fri this week, and completing it on a Sunday/Monday 2 weeks later (their request).  I will teach from 7pm to 1 am those days.
Week of 3/28:  Northampton, Ma
Week of 4/4:  Cross Train one of our Instructor who works out of Indonesia.  I cross trained her manager last year (Online of course, 5 days).  She's scheduled to teach a class in our Florida location, then spend some time in Schaumburg.  He told her to ask if I would be available, and spend a week with me cross-training her.  I feel honored that he would tell her to do that.
Week of 4/11:  San Diego
Week of 4/18:  Washington DC, with the Secret Service
Week of 4/25:  Los Angeles, Port Of Los Angeles to be exact.  I will meet Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT , maybe Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk , and if she's available, Schnujo is Late to Lannister .

         My schedule for the rest of the year remains in flux, but right now, I am booked solid through October!  (I have week's free, but teaching those weeks would definitely violate our policy I mentioned above.  To me, it's all good, I don't mind.  Plus, an Engineering team in the NE area of the country is looking into having me deliver a Fleetmapping class for them.  This would  require some editing of the course materials since it would be a bit more technical than a typical customer course.  Then there's always the Long Island Railroad that needs a class, one I've tailored for them... and a couple of others I know I'm forgetting right now.  But, life is good, it's always good!

In Closing


         That's about it for now, til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!







Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028647-Burlington-County-NJ