*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029116-If-I-Counted-Correctly
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1029116 added March 18, 2022 at 3:17am
Restrictions: None
If I Counted Correctly?
If I Counted Correctly?


I started with scene five of Act Two of Part One of the movie introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. and I ended with scene twenty-three. That equals nineteen single paragraphs for this Scene Outline. Add one Establishing Shot and you have twenty single paragraphs. That is what I wrote yesterday at work.

The one Establishing Shot was three lines long. As for the other nineteen, they were four to six lines long. Depending on what scene number they were. The ones, threes, sixes, and eights were five lines long. And the twos, fours, sevens, and nines are four lines each. As far as the fives and tens, they are six lines each.

There is no set pattern when it comes to my scripts. But there is with my Outlines. That’s just the way I like to write them. The same is true about my Scene Outlines. They are numeric. Twenty scenes for my Teaser and Tag Acts. And thirty-five for Act One, Act Two, Act Three, and Act four.

That may not be the way that most scriptwriters write their Outlines. But most writers don’t do Outlines. Especially, the ones who are professionals don’t. At least not in-depth ones like I do. They know what they want to write. And they may jot down some notes. But they aren’t organized like me.

Outlines are mostly for my benefit. It helps me with my scripts. True, some in the industry want to see Scene Outlines. But they don’t Story Outlines. If I’m correct about that, they don’t like Story Outlines. I may be wrong about that. It used to be that way. But it may not be anymore.

Personally, I think that twenty single paragraphs are great. After all, that adds four or five more pages to this Outline. Not only that, but I did them yesterday at work. And it was kind of a busy day there. I’m kind of surprised that I did that many. But I did. Once I started writing them, I couldn’t stop until I finished each one.

Of course, work stopped me from writing. And that happened a lot yesterday at work. But it wasn’t just how busy it was there, though. I also had to spend a lot of time outside my guard post. A lot more than I should have been doing. But it was that kind of a day yesterday at work.

Hopefully, I will be able to do that good today. But I’m going to count on that. After all, it’s supposed to be raining all day today. And that usually means that it’s going to be another very busy day today. If not an extremely busy one. Not only that, but I will be outside my guard post a whole lot today too.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029116-If-I-Counted-Correctly