*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030461-Cant-Believe-I-Got-That-Many-Written
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1030461 added April 10, 2022 at 3:02am
Restrictions: None
Can't Believe I Got That Many Written
Can’t Believe I Got That Many Written


Twenty-five single paragraphs scenes were written yesterday at work. That is what I got written at work yesterday. Plus two Establishing Shots and I wrote twenty-seven single paragraphs total yesterday at work. I’m not sure. But that may be a new record for me.

True, they were done on a Saturday. So, that many single paragraphs may not read too well because it was a Saturday instead of a weekday. But I think that it was. Especially, since I had some problems with a few of them that slowed me down a little bit.

I knew what I wanted to write. But there were several single paragraphs that either was too short at the end of a line or there were too many lines for that paragraph. Either way, I had some re-writing to do. The extra lines weren’t that big of a problem usually. But being too short was.

Think I have written before about how I like to write my Story and Scene Outlines. I don’t like them to be less than fifty-five characters long. If they are less than fifty-five characters long, I need to do some re-writing. Sometimes that is easy to do. And sometimes it’s not.

As for my paragraph lengths, I like my Establishing Shots to be three lines long. My Scene number are ones, threes, sixes, and eights, they are five lines long. The Scene numbers are twos, fours, sevens, and nines, they are four lines long. Fives and Tens are six lines long.

I know that reads a little weird. And it is. But that’s the way I like to write my Story and Scene Outlines. And when the line length doesn’t match three, four, five, or six like it’s supposed for that scene number, then I need to take out how many words that is needed to correct that length.

Does that read a little bit confusing? It does to me. And I’m the one writing it. That’s another reason why I like to write numeric Scene Outlines. It makes it easier for me to write my Scene Outlines. I know there are no numeric scenes in scripts. But I think they can be in Scene Outlines.

Only needed twenty-two single scene paragraphs to end Act Four of Part Two of my movie introduction to my Water Wars scriptwriting project. But I got three more than that. Plus the two Establishing Shots too. Now I only need seventeen more scene paragraphs to end this movie introduction.

I should be able to get at least seventeen single paragraphs written today at work. As for if I will, I don’t know right now. That is what I want to get written today. If not a whole lot more. But I’m not going to count on anything until it happens.



© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030461-Cant-Believe-I-Got-That-Many-Written