*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030855-Good-Friday-Prompt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1030855 added April 16, 2022 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Good Friday Prompt



PROMPT: You just realized it is the day of a planned family event or meal, and you haven't done anything to prepare. Throw something together using only what you have on hand for food and entertainment, and be careful to not let your guests know you were ill-prepared.


Today is Good Friday. I have guests coming for dinner. But guess what! Old Man winter decided to send a snow storm our way with six inches of snow. I didn’t get a chance to go shopping for the wonderful rack of lamb I had planned. But that was at the custom butcher in the store thirty miles from here.

But lucky for me, not one person I invited knows that I was going to do that decidedly Spring meat extravaganza. So, they’re getting a frittata instead. I have lots of eggs. And I was lucky enough to find some fresh spinach at the store down the street. I can ski to that store, so I don’t need to drive.

So, on with the cross-country skis and off to the store. I got no competition for fresh spinach, a nice loaf of bread, and some white wine. I did, however, get some stares from housebound folk as I skied home. I counted it up to envy.

I started dinner and got everything ready for the appointed time. Then the phone calls messaged in as I washed dishes.

“Julie! We’re snowed in. Sorry, maybe next year. I hope you didn’t go to too much trouble. Kisses!” Yeah, thanks Mary.

“Hi, Sis. Not coming. Later.” At least John left a message.

“Well, better luck next time. What about a BBQ? Perhaps July 4th we won’t have snow?” Josh and Eric laughed as they hung up.

“People just don’t have any spirit of adventure,” I addressed the dog and cat. They looked longingly at me, expecting treats. So we ate the frittata. It was delicious. I drank the wine and ate corn chips as I watched Top Chef reruns all night. Great fun.

W/C 292



new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030855-Good-Friday-Prompt