*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031509-Not-to-Worry
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1031509 added April 27, 2022 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
Not to Worry
Not to Worry

Here's one for the old fogies. As we get older, it becomes apparent that we learned some pretty useless facts at our parents' knees. My father, for instance, would meet every sign of anxiety in others by expressing the mantra, "Not to worry - use Pear's soap." Clearly, this was an old advertising slogan that had lodged itself in his brain. Now I find myself repeating the words in exactly the same circumstances and usually I have to explain to mystified looks the reason for my strange outburst.

There is a happy result of my outdated affliction, however. Having been regaled with the advice several times, Andrea recently purchased a bar of the relevant soap. I was surprised that it is still in production, not having heard of it in years, but it proved to be the real thing. It was, just as I had described, translucent and amber in color, oval in shape. Perhaps more to the point, I washed my hands with it today and experienced a huge feeling of relief. At last I do not have to worry...



Word count: 180

© Copyright 2022 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031509-Not-to-Worry