*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031576-Maybe-I-Am-Getting-Better-at-This
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1031576 added April 29, 2022 at 3:15am
Restrictions: None
Maybe I Am Getting Better at This
Maybe I Am Getting Better at This


The way it used to be I was lucky if I got ten to fifteen single paragraphs written on my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Especially, if it was during a weekday: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. True, the weekend was usually slightly better. I usually got fifteen to twenty of them written. But lately, it has gotten a lot better.

Not only does it appear that I am writing more, but I’m not thinking about what I want to write as much. Most of the time it just seems to flow out of my fingertips onto my tablet. Once I get started writing something only work stops me from finishing it.

Of course, I have been working on this project for about a year and a half. And I have changed it several times. So, I know it backward and forwards. That may be the reason why I am writing it better. I think that may be part of it. But I don’t think that is the only reason why I’m writing more.

True, how busy it gets at work can affect how much writing I get done. And that was very true in the past. But I don’t think that it is like that anymore. Of course, work will slow me down. And sometimes it can stop me completely with a split shift, how I’m feeling, a lack of sleep. Things like that. But even that hasn’t slowed me down that much lately. If it has slowed me down at all.

A good example of that is what happened yesterday. It was an extremely busy day at work. From the time I got there until I left for the day, it was almost non-stop busy. One of the busiest Thursdays that I have seen in a long time. If it wasn’t the busiest. There is a very good chance that it was the busiest. I can’t remember it being this busy any other time. That’s how busy it was yesterday at work.

So, how much writing did I get done yesterday at work? I got eighteen single scene paragraphs written. Plus, the two Establishing Starts that started the Teaser Act for the second episode of this series. That’s right I finished my first episode. And I started on the second one. Overall, I got twenty single paragraphs written at work yesterday.

I may have gotten two or three more written before the end of my shift yesterday at work. Maybe even four more written. But I don’t think I could have gotten five. Why do I write that? It’s because I had just over an hour left on my shift. And despite it being very, very busy during that time, I still maybe could have gotten a few more written.

The reason I didn’t try to do more is that it was toward the end of my shift. And it often gets very busy during that time. Yesterday was no exception. It wasn’t non-stop busy. But it was still very busy. I don’t think I would have gotten more than two more written. If I even got that many of them written.


© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031576-Maybe-I-Am-Getting-Better-at-This