*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032114-Saturday-Night-Drive-In-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1032114 added May 8, 2022 at 12:30am
Restrictions: None
Saturday Night Drive In #1
Prompt: Take a drive down memory lane and arrive at the Drive-In Theater. (circa ????)
Tell us about your first experience attending a Drive-in movie. Be as descriptive as your memory allows.


The first movie I remember watching at the drive-in movie theater was Porky's. I was pretty young, about six I think, but back then, a lot of parents took their kids out to the movies and/or bars with them. We were in my Momma's gold Ford LTD and we had the sunroof removed so we kids could stand up in the car and watch from a more out-door vantage point. The part of the movie that has stuck with me all these years is where the girls are in gym exercising and they are all saying, "We must, we must, we must improve our busts...The bigger the better, the tighter the sweater..." Don't ask me why this particular scene stuck with me all these years, but it did. I think in a way, that scene made me feel less uncomfortable about getting my boobs before any of the other girls at school - and later, proud even of my large bosom. I don't remember much more of it than that. Weird, isn't it? The things we remember and the things we forget.

Word count: 212

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032114-Saturday-Night-Drive-In-1