*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032209-Mystery-Guest-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1032209 added May 10, 2022 at 2:11pm
Restrictions: None
Mystery Guest #2
Prompt: What is the one thing nobody tells you about _______? - brought to us by SandraLynn Team Florent!

Unfortunately, there are very few things people do not tell me. Well unless by "people" I mean my oldest daughter. She refuses to tell me or the rest of her family where she lives. She still talks to me every day, but ever since she moved away, her location remains a mystery.
As for everyone else, like I said, it is unfortunate. They tell me everything. Even strangers. I must have a caring or understanding countenance because people I have never met will walk up to me and begin to tell me their problems, their life stories, all of it. Much of it is too much information bordering on uncomfortable. For instance, I once had a woman come into the store and begin to tell me all about the fight she had just had with her significant other. I don't know this woman or her "other" why is she telling me this? I have also had an ex-student (I am a retired teacher) tell me all about the failed relationship he had with the girl he was dating while he was in my class and all of the details that entailed - including some things that made me uncomfortable, as I do not do well talking about (or listening to, apparently) anything sexual. It's a line I just have a hard time crossing. Anyway, people me so many things. Many of which I wish they'd just keep to themselves and most which have absolutely nothing to do with me or my job. I suppose that's life in any of the service industries. Ugh!

Word count: 276

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032209-Mystery-Guest-2