*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032309-Home-Sweet-Home-Part-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1032309 added May 12, 2022 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Home Sweet Home Part 4
Prompt: All of this traveling has made Andre hungry, and we don't want a Hangry monkey on our hands! So today's prompt is about food, and the best place for our buddy to eat in your town!
What food or foods are your town/area noted for? What's the prevalent cuisine? Where is your favorite place to eat out in your neck of the woods?


Athens is said to be the birthplace of the hamburger. As such, we have plenty of burger joints. Fast food restaurants reign supreme. However, if you want really good food, we have some local restaurants that need to be tried. For instance, if you are in the mood for a nice handmade deli sandwich, Shenanigan's Deli is the place to go. It is a family owned and run deli that makes their own breads, slices the meat in front of you, and uses nothing but the freshest produce. Their desserts are all made there too - and they're tasty. For a nice hometown sit-down restaurant, the Athens Boathouse has delicious fare ranging from hamburgers (of course) to steak, to fish tacos. Everything I have eaten there has been wonderful. And they also serve alcohol. For Mexican food, we have a couple of locally owned businesses where the food and atmosphere are worth giving a try. El San Luis is a great restaurant where they hand make their tortillas, both flour and corn. And Ochoa's Mexican Restaurant has the most wonderful avocado burritos and avocado enchiladas. And of course, both serve alcohol. Finally, if you like Cajun food, Wawa's Seafood Shack is the place for you. Their crawfish is amazing, and you get a ton of them in an order, along potatoes and cobs of corn - all boiled together. Wawa's is one of my husband's favorite places to eat (that's saying a lot since he is such a picky eater).

Well, now I'm hungry. Off to see what I have in the fridge to eat!

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032309-Home-Sweet-Home-Part-4