*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032470-Ninth-week-of-the-New-Year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1032470 added May 22, 2022 at 9:27am
Restrictions: None
Ninth week of the New Year
*Leafg* 16 *Clouds*

May 16th. one crazy day to go. Cool in Lisbon. Covid test at 13:30... if negative I'm good to go. I feel fine at the moment.

Matthew went with me to show me where the pharamcist was. 20 minutes and I have a spanky-new permission slip to return to my native land. *Angry* It was easy; but, it's frustrating to travel to a country that treats everyone visiting there like a diseased non-human. Especially when their own good-old-boys refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated. Diseased-my-ass.

So... I've calmed down as I was very nervous. I need to arrange a pick up at 03:00. *Shock*

And repack, pray that my underwear dries in time (it would be a cool cloudy day... *Rolleyes*).

Write a post card or 5?

Said good-bye to Marco and Daniel from Danmarka. Said hello to Jeremy from South Korea and Juan Pablo from Bogota, Colombia.

*Leafg* 17 *Plane*

Good-bye, 🇵🇹

Long day. No sleep. Jeremy helped pass the time. He was ill (stomach).

Taxi at 02:45. Cost 8,80 euros. No major problems with flights but what-a-pain.

Avoid flying through SLC (Salt Lake City) until they get the new airport finished (2026?). One hour to get through Customs/Security. Major fail. One of the most miserable airports I've ever been in. The old one was okay.

Paid extra for premium seat on 10 hour flight AMS-SLC. The seat was worth it. The food? s***ty. Worse ever, Delta! I watched "Love, Victor' and slept. Movie choice wasn't much better than typical White-America = piss-poor.

Birgit picked me up. Saw Billie Jo, Dylan, Jay. Made my day.

*Leaf2g* 18 *Cloud*

Up at 06:00. Long sleep.

I need to write the poem "Ice Cap" about the 'lift' as the weight-of-ice melts.

Saw Laxmi, Kathy, Don, Dalton, Monte... others. Yes, I've lost weight. Meal was so-so.

Price of gasoline is $4.39/gal; but, my values aren't dependent on price of a material product.

I'm trying to process the slaughter in Buffalo. I lived in that neighborhood, a short walk from the store. I didn't recognize the names of the dead but the carnage affects thousands.

Went off on someone blaming 'illegals'. Have little patience.

Napped. Damp day.

Room is bone dry. Put a pot of water on the radiator. Opened window. Need humidifier and/or air filter. Watered some plants. The neglect shows.

But the geraniums bloom regardless.

*Leafg* 19 *Rain*

Up at 06:30. Now a damp chilly 39 degrees.

Breakfast = coffee and a fish sandwich.

Wrote a response to the shooting in Buffalo. "Build a Bridge

Sat with Billie Jo and Angie. They got my postcards.

*Leafg* 20 *Cloudsnow*

Up at 06:45. 38 degrees. Snow on Mt. Dean Stone. Very cold May. Apples barely blooming. River rising, raging.

Making mushroom rice for breakfast.

Gasoline is $4.44/gal. We don't talk about butter or eggs.

Chicken parmesan for lunch. Sat with Laxmi.

*Flowery* 21 *Wind*

Sleeping too much. Up at 06:45. 39 degrees.

Market Day.

I made my rounds: market, bank, post office, cafe... saw folks. Froze. Now after 2 and time to head home. At least it has warmed up somewhat. I could do without the wind.

Shannon ran into me! She lived below me 8 years ago. She's visiting with her partner Michele. Nice to chat with them both. We all froze.

Can't stay awake. So... knocked on Birgit's door and we had a pleasant chat. Trying to stay up later and adjust to this time zone.

*Tulipv* 22 *Snow3*

Snowmist shrouding the mountains to the north but 43 degrees at 7 a.m. and it will warm up today.

Nice badge/awardicon for my old p-log. HM Quill.

I was supposed to come home tomorrow. Just as well that I cut my trip short. Weather has been miserable. Too cold windy outside and too dry inside. My health isn't great but at least I'm not sick and a nervous wreck.

22 is my favorite number and May is my favorite month. 22 May 22.

5801




© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032470-Ninth-week-of-the-New-Year