*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032615-20220520-Twitter-Pitch
by s
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2263218
A blog detailing my writing over the next however long.
#1032615 added May 20, 2022 at 12:37am
Restrictions: None
20220520 Twitter Pitch
May 20, 2022, 2:00pm

So, I participated in the Twitter #PitDark event overnight (my time). Got two nibbles - an agent who misread the pitch I tweeted and is now "considering" whether to look at the work, and a new agent who is "excited" by the pitch of a different book.

I pitched 8 books, for what it's worth, that fit the Dark themes they were looking for.

All up, I have, unpublished, 31 books (novellas and novels) I think are worth publishing, edited and cleaned. I have a further 40-odd that that I would not consider doing anything with without a major rewrite. But as I am churning out an average of 2 novels a year, and have done so for 20-plus years (before that it was two every three years... and when I was a teenager, it was one a year), that means there is always something new, so those lesser works don't matter as much when I feel I have better works all ready to go.

That sort of leads to something else. When I gave a friend a list of the works I've written over 20k words in length with brief summaries, she stopped talking to me for a while. She felt I was putting her down, as she takes around four years to complete a novel. I told her that she asked to see my list of long works, so I showed her.

You cannot compare yourself to anyone. Harper Lee wrote and published one book in her lifetime (don't @ me about the posthumous book; it was the original version of TKAM and her estate used it as a cash cow). Many authors write a book every three years. It is extremely common. On the other hand, Stephen King writes 2 novels a year or more, and Lionel Fanthorpe averaged more than 8 novels a year for more than 20 years. Don't compare - all of our writing journeys are different.

Wow, that deviated from my original intention.

Happy writing!



© Copyright 2022 s (UN: stevengepp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
s has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032615-20220520-Twitter-Pitch