*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032700-Another-Long-Day-of-Moving
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1032700 added May 21, 2022 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
Another Long Day of Moving
Another Long Day of Moving


It all started very early this morning. Even earlier than it has been for the last couple of days. And the last couple of days have been very early. It was seven-thirty AM WDC time when I got up today. Of course, we didn’t need to get up that early, though. But my brother and I went to get some breakfast at one of his old haunts he hasn’t been to in about forty years.

After eating breakfast, we headed for our old place to pack up both of our cars for the journey back to our new house. We were hoping that it would only take about an hour or so to load up both our cars. But it took a little bit longer than we thought that it was going to take. As a result, we didn’t leave there until almost noon. And since it was a Saturday, it took us longer to get back here.

Unfortunately, it took us almost twice as long to get back to our new house. Of course, that was partially my brother’s fault. We took the back way to get here. Because his car is eleven years old this year sometime aka 2011. As it turned out, we could have taken the Turnpike to get back here. But because of its age, my brother was afraid it may break down while going there.

Originally, we were going to take his car down when we moved last Thursday the nineteenth. But he was afraid it may break down during the trip. And then he would have to call me to come to help him. This means I couldn’t have done that until the movers were finished with the move. We couldn’t have done that either. Because he had the credit card to pay the movers. And it’s his credit card.

The only way we could have done it last Thursday with the movers was for me to take his car. Then if it would have broken down, I would have been the one to call him. He decided it was best to do it today. So, we did. And that’s why it took us almost the whole day to do it. As a result, I haven’t gotten anything written on either one of my scriptwriting projects today.

In yesterday’s blog entry, I wrote that this may happen. And unfortunately, I was right. I was hoping that I would be wrong again. But I wasn’t this time. Of course, I wanted to work on both of these projects. I couldn’t do it because of the move. Also, unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to do any writing on either one of these projects tomorrow. Only this time it won’t be completely because of the move.

We are going to pick up a load tomorrow. But we won’t be doing that until about five PM WDC time. This means we won’t be getting home to our new place until about seven to eight PM WDC time. Why is it going to be so late tomorrow? As I wrote about in my last blog post, we have a Wake to go to tomorrow. And it’s from one to five PM WDC time. We will be leaving about an hour early. Then again, we may not.

Right now, that is what we plan on doing tomorrow. But that may change because of my brother too. He changes his mind quite often. Reads like someone else, doesn’t it? If he does change his mind, we may be there the whole four hours. Maybe even a little bit longer because of goodbyes and helping out. Whether it’s three, four, or more hours, I probably won’t get any writing done tomorrow either.



© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032700-Another-Long-Day-of-Moving