*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032968-Online-Class-with-Yokota-AFB
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1032968 added May 28, 2022 at 6:56pm
Restrictions: None
Online Class with Yokota AFB
Locale: Bloomington, Illinois

Week of: May 23, 2022

         This week was another week where I delivered part of one class during the day, then delivered another class that night.  A co-worker also has Multiple Myeloma, except his was caught later than mine.  To give you an example, he's been on Revlimid for 3 years now, and is not in Remission yet!  His last Bone Marrow Biopsy showed a little bit (his words) of Myeloma, so his doctor wanted to repeat it this month.  He needed Monday off as a result, so I covered Monday for him.  We're the only two instructors who deliver this class, there was no way I was not going to cover for him!  I'd have delivered the entire week if necessary.

         My scheduled class was an online class with the US Air Force.  The AFB in Yokota Japan.  The original scheduled time was 10 am Japan time, to 3 pm Japan time.  This would have been 8 pm to 1 am local time for me, Yuck!  The customer didn't like those hours, since it ruined their normal work-day, and asked if we could start at 7:30 am their time.  Obviously I agreed.  Except for Monday.  We started at 9 am their time, since I couldn't get home from Schaumburg by 5:30 pm my time.  Still, it worked for me much better than an 8 pm start time!  Everything went well with both deliveries overall, I was happy with the Yokota AFB class, and enjoyed being in Schaumburg  that one day.

         I am home again next week.  Since it's the Memorial Day week, the week will consist of online meetings and cross-training.  I get to spend about 5 hours Thursday cross-training some instructors on Fleetmapping.  That class is becoming, or has become, very popular, and there's a need for more qualified instructors.  I've been told that some of my co-workers don't want to deliver it though.  At issue is the fact that no one is qualified to teach everything.  In the case of Fleetmapping, you really teach portions of 3 different courses.  Console programming/configuration, radio programming/configuration, and system configuration.  No one teaches all of those courses.  Well, no one except my manager (he shouldn't deliver classes at all really), and the co-worker who I covered for this week.  Both of them are kept busy delivering other classes besides Fleetmapping.  So my co-workers don't want to deliver this because they aren't qualified to deliver all three courses.  My opinion, and I know what it's worth, is, GET OVER IT.  When I started teaching Fleetmapping, I was only qualified to deliver one of those  three classes.  That hasn't changed either.  If I can learn enough to deliver this class, and deliver it with excellent grades from every class so far, so can they!  We'll see what happens this week.


In Closing


         As I said, I have been home this week, and will be home next week also. The following week I will be back in Fort Lauderdale for 2 weeks delivering Networking classes.  Maybe I will get to meet Lilith of House Martell this time, or anyone else who is in that area (hint, hint!  Are any of you in the Miami/South Florida area) and would like to connect?  The weekend I have free, I plan on getting a rental car and visiting Key West again.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!





Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032968-Online-Class-with-Yokota-AFB