*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033095-A-Quiet-Memorial-Day-Weekend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#1033095 added May 31, 2022 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
A Quiet Memorial Day Weekend
I had a very quiet weekend, the kind I like best. No company and just catching up on odds and ends. Next weekend will be different as my daughter stays overnight so that on Saturday we can go to a baby shower for my granddaughter...a ways out of town. I am looking forward to it though, already have her gift, just need to wrap and write the card.

This week on Thursday I meet with my life history group which I have been doing on the first Thursday of each month for over 8 years now. We used to be a group of 12 or 13 but now we average around 9 or 10, still a pretty good group. We each read a newly written story with the only requirement that it be historical which to me includes the minute before I write these words...lol. Yes, it can be just about on anything. I always look forward to it. We hold the meeting at one of our branch libraries. I am so lucky to have 12 libraries in my county.

Have any of you heard or written for Kindle Vella? It's been out about a year now but I just started a story in March 2022 and the story actually began right here on writing.com. I have it hidden from view now to comply with KDP's requirements but it is amazing to me that a story I wrote way back in 2014 (or earlier) and one on which I got many many helpful reviews on wdc has now made its way to publication on Amazon. If you're interested, you can find it on the Amazon site by searching "Kindle" and Anna's Journey by Connie Biddle Morrison. The Vella stories are episodic which Anna's Journey already was, I just kept on writing more episodes. It has been more fun than I ever imagined. I normally write the episodes on my back porch and it seems like they write themselves.

If you're looking for something fun and interesting, try it out. Go to YouTube and search Kindle Vella. You will find more information than you will ever need. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy.

© Copyright 2022 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033095-A-Quiet-Memorial-Day-Weekend