*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033121-Another-Miracle-I-Think
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1033121 added May 31, 2022 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
Another Miracle, I Think
Another Miracle, I Think


At least I think that it’s another one. I can’t remember for sure if I have ever been so close to a contest deadline. But I know that I have been very close to missing out on a contest entry several times. But if I remember right, they weren’t just under three hours before the deadline before I entered it.

That is what happened to me today. It was just under three hours before I entered the WDC Short Story contest. And I’m very surprised that I got it finished on time to enter this month. After all, I had almost half of a Short Story to finish in only a few hours. I tried to finish it last night before I went to sleep. But I couldn’t because of getting up very early this morning to finish our moving out of our old place to the new house.

I didn’t think that I was going to be able to finish writing this Short Story. At least not in time to enter this contest for this month. but finishing up this move wasn’t as long consuming as I thought that it was going to be. Especially, since it was supposed to rain all day today. At least it was at our old place. And it did quite a bit while we were there.

The weather didn’t turn out to be as bad as it was supposed to be. Just after we turned in our keys and the remote for the garage door, we headed home. Soon after that, the rain stopped. The drive home wasn’t too bad either. True, it got a little bit busy downtown Kansas City and on the Turnpike. But overall, it wasn’t too busy. It usually has taken us about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes to get back to our new house. That’s about how long it took today.

It was just a little after two PM WDC time when we got back to our new house for good. I still need to go back there at least one more time to close my bank account there and to get my car tagged. But that isn’t going to happen for a couple of weeks. It depends on what my work schedule is like with whoever I end up working for.

Once I got back to my new house, I started working on my WDC Short Story for this month. it took me about four hours to finish it. But I did. And I had plenty of time before the end of the deadline to create it and enter this contest. It took me a little longer than I wanted to before I could enter this contest. But I did it with just under three hours to spare.

I know that it doesn’t matter if I enter this contest or not. Because I know that I will never win it. But I do it anyway because I like a challenge. And because of the prompt for this one, it was a challenge. One I think I did fairly good on. It’s not as good as it could be because of the rush writing. But it really doesn’t matter, does it?






© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033121-Another-Miracle-I-Think