*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033341-Secrets
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1033341 added June 4, 2022 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Secrets
Secrets

My wife, Andrea, had a revelation of the power of the ancients this morning. No matter how feeble and decrepit we fogies, wrinklies and geezers of the modern world may be, we hold the secret knowledge that will ensure that, when we go, the world will descend into savagery and chaos.

I speak, of course, of that mystery to the young, the analogue clock. Since it has been decided in the halls of ignorance and decay that it is no longer necessary to initiate the latest generations into the delights of deciphering the analogue clock, few indeed are the exceptions to the general ignorance of the young.

But beyond even this, we are the last survivors who can understand that doubly mysterious and magnificent construction, the analogue clock with Roman numerals. This is beyond the comprehension of even the most talented of the young. It is true indeed, oh ancient and antiquated friends, that apres nous, le deluge!

© Copyright 2022 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033341-Secrets