*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033414-Finally-A-WDC-Prompt
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1033414 added June 5, 2022 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Finally, A WDC Prompt
Finally, A WDC Prompt


When I went to post my latest blog entry yesterday about this time, I saw that we finally had a prompt for the WDC Short Story for this month. According to the time-lapse underneath it, it must have been posted right at eleven PM WDC time. Unfortunately, we only have twenty-six days this month to finish our short stories.

I can’t believe it. But I was right again. Not only is the new WDC Short Story a genre, but it’s one that we don’t see used too often. I didn’t go in to check it out on WDC. But I don’t think it’s a well-used genre. Also, I noticed that it wasn’t just the normal disclaimer in the Rules. It’s personalized now too. Haven’t noticed that before. But from now on I’m going to check out the Rules more carefully.

Because of the personalization, it took me a little while to come up with a Short Story in this genre. At first, I was going to do a story about bowling because I love bowling so much. But that isn’t my favorite passion. It’s writing. So, I decided to do my Short Story this month on writing. Now all I needed to do was to come up with one.

That wasn’t easy to do. After all, there are a lot of things that I can write about writing. All I needed to do was to decide on which one I wanted to do. I decided to sleep on it. And decide which one when I got up today. But while I was thinking about it before I go to sleep, I decided what I was going to write this WDC Short Story about this month.

Whether it’s a Short Story I’m working on now, a scriptwriting project, or something I want to start working on in the near future, no Science Faction pun intended, I usually think about writing before I go to sleep. It normally helps me to go to sleep faster if I do it.

It also helps me in coming up with short stories for me to write like this one. By the time I fell to sleep last night I had decided what Short Story I was going to write this month. it’s sort of a biography of the last two weeks of May aka the move to our new house. And all the problems that go along with it. Only I’m not writing it as a biography.

I don’t like biographies that much. True, I do watch them every so often on television or in the movies if the subject interests me. But I don’t do it that much. I’m going to write it as a Short Story and not a biography. I am not going to write it as a Science Faction story either. And I’m also going to be using the past tense. At least that is what I’m going to try to do.

So far, I haven’t been able to start writing it yet. But I have come up with how I want to write it. In a ten section/part story like most of my stories are written. Only this one is different because it’s sort of a biography. What does that mean? It means that I’m not sure if the chronological of it is correct. I think that it is. But it may not be.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033414-Finally-A-WDC-Prompt