*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033736-The-First-Two-Sections-Again
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1033736 added June 11, 2022 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
The First Two Sections Again
The First Two Sections Again


Breaking the sections/parts into four individual paragraphs has helped me a lot when it comes to the WDC Short Story that I’m writing for this month. with each paragraph being about fifty words long. That will make it about two hundred words per part. If I can continue to do that this WDC Short Story will be just under the two thousand work limitation for this contest.

At least that is how it has been for the first two sections of this Short Story. If I can keep it up for the next eight parts, I will be just under the limitations of this contest. Sometimes I need to do some re-writing to keep it under the limitations for a contest. And sometimes it’s a lot of re-writing. But they all turn up the same way. They are usually about a hundred words to only a few. But no matter what contest I may enter they are normally just under the limit.

As I have just pointed out above, I have only done the first two parts of this Short Story. And the breaking up into the four sections has helped me a lot. I may start doing this for all of my short stories. After all, I often have trouble breaking down my stories. Maybe that won’t be as big of a problem as it has been with them. It’s something to think about with future stories.

I kind of got sidelined from the last paragraph. What I got sidelined about was that I only got two sections written today on this Short Story. Not because of the breaking ups because they really did help me with it. No, the main reason why I only got two of them written is because of all the re-writings. I knew what I wanted to write. But I had a lot of trouble writing them. Especially, in the very first paragraph. It was the hardest one to do.

Usually, I can blame work on my not getting more writing done than I wanted to get done. But I can’t blame them this time. After all, I’m not working right now. Besides that, it’s a Saturday. And when I was working at my old post, I normally got more written. Of course, that was on my Water Wars scriptwriting project and not a Short Story. My short stories were usually done on my days off from work.

With it being a Saturday, I figured that I would get at least three sections written today. Maybe even four or five parts. Why did I figure that? It’s because my brother and I didn’t have too much that needed doing today. That is the usual reason why I don’t get as much writing done as I wanted and should have gotten done that day. Unfortunately, I can’t use that excuse today. The only excuse I can use is all the re-writing. And that’s not really a good excuse.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033736-The-First-Two-Sections-Again