*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033854-Guerrilla-Gardening
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1033854 added June 23, 2022 at 7:51pm
Restrictions: None
Guerrilla Gardening
Bard's Hall #2
         
         
         
         Does anyone else browse through news headlines seeking something new, different, eccentric, weird? I cannot be the only one that amuses herself this way.
         Random tidbits of information swirl, spin, sputter as flotsam in the endless , churning current of world drivel. Too many topics limp along well past their de jour expiry date. Much of it is nothing but speculation, sensationalism. Have the news gurus not heard of flogging a dead horse? Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive. Two plus years of Covid statistics, Covid restrictions, Covid advice will do that.
         Recently, I espied a feel-good item presented as a brief video. I'd heard of urban warfare. It manifests in many forms, but this version intrigued me. First of all and most importantly, there is no acceptance or sharing of violence. A California couple stroll through their home base committing acts of guerrilla gardening. Those two words tweaked my interest.Guerrilla gardening? What on earth could that be?
         This smiling duo admitted on camera that they shoot indiscriminately. They aim their weapons and fire almost everywhere. They are proud of their actions. They believe they are improving their neighbourhood.
          They arm themselves with plastic, pump-action water guns, large ones that resemble assault style weapons. Their ammunition consists of seeds mixed with water which they inject into random patches of bare ground. They refer to their unique endeavour as guerrilla gardening.
         I consider them geniuses. The old tried and true method of gardening requires physical effort to be expelled. One must squat, kneel, bend, stretch, dig, scratch, scrabble, and pull. It's dirty, exhausting work. Blood, sweat and tears christen every project.
         Load a gun with water and seeds? Just point and squeeze the trigger? No gun course required? No painful recoil? Yes! Your aching knees will thank you.
         Thanks to this clever duo bright, vibrant patches of flowers thrive in areas that were once barren. I'd consider that civic pride.
         I'm wondering if farmers see this as a planting option. Imagine a gatling gun armed with water, corn seeds, and fertilizer spewing a swath across an open field. Plant wheat? No problem. Prepare the gun. Shoot and spore.

© Copyright 2022 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033854-Guerrilla-Gardening