*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033858-Camp-Runamuck
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1033858 added June 15, 2022 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
Camp Runamuck
June 13th - Monday
This week you and Andre are in charge of the kid's Summer Camp.
Give us the name of the camp, the age group you're working with, and a bit of background.
         
         
         
         
         
         Camp Runamuck. What an apt name for a summer camp for pre-teens. These little darlings possess master manipulation skills. Oh, their cherubic faces are not to be trusted. They bedazzle with their gleaming white smiles and their unblinking attention. Flattery is syrupy sweet.
         During roll calls they appear immaculate, spot less. No grubby hands. Not a hair out of place. No perspiration clings to their smooth brows.
         "Andre, I've never seen an arrow shot in such a masterful, take charge manner. You never miss the target. Can you show me again how a pro does it?"
         "Oh, no, I couldn't possibly hold a bow and arrow. You wouldn't want me to injure myself would you?"
         "Show me that rope course again. Wow, you make it look so easy Andre. Is there another method for climbing and clinging to the ropes? Is a helmet absolutely necessary? No one plans to fall do they? If gloves aren't provided you cannot expect me to scuff my hands. Of course you can swing from the trees. It's in your DNA."
         "Are you certain that's the best way to start a campfire? I've been warned never to play with fire. Correct me if I'm wrong, but fiddling with flammable wood and an open flame is dangerous, is it not? Should any of us be breathing in that smoke? What about safety first?"
         "Why should I be it? That's not fair to single me out. What assurances do I have that everyone will be it? You may run and chase if you wish, Andre. I mean you're an animal. You don't need a reason to flit about."
         Andre, bless him, is no match for these kids. Is it any wonder he soon throws up the proverbial white flag? He doesn't need the aggravation. He receives the message loud and clear. They do not require, or want supervision. He raises a drink to that.
( 350 words minus the prompt of 34 words )

© Copyright 2022 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033858-Camp-Runamuck