*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034035-Fourteenth-week-of-the-New-Year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1034035 added June 26, 2022 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Fourteenth week of the New Year
*Broccoli* 20 *Rain*

I woke up late. Now sitting with a coffee before venturing out for lunch. It's Meatloaf Monday at God's Waiting Room.

Laundry is hung up and drying.

54 degrees at 11:00. Cool 'spring' day.

The meatloaf and mashed potatoes were both spicy. I sat by myself, jumped when Bill greeted me from behind. I'm edgy and not feeling 'well'.

It would be unwise to take a nap. Getting anything done would be a good goal.

Nice evening chat with Birgit. Jay has had all his teeth removed and now has dentures. What a smile!

*AlienG* 21 *Sun*

No rain forecast for the upcoming week. Apparently summer has arrived.

Did not go to God's Waiting Room today. Cooked pork.

Having computer connection issues at home.

2:22 and what have I done? Ate the pork and a banana with peanut butter. Still drinking coffee.

The January 6th Commission keeps nailing the coffin shut but Count Donald will not give up the ghost.

Comparing France and Thailand. Similar size, similar population. Very different demographics. Both protect their historical sites and both have systems of public transportion. Texas, which is slightly larger... does not.

*Monster4* 22 *Sun*

Sat with Don. Saw Ann at market. Spent $21. Got milk? I do.

Nice chat with John and Garion on way home. Met Catriona (Scot name). I feel better when I connect.

Warmish in my place. 81°F at 3ish.

Got up late. Need to work on two contests today.

Yesterday:
"For the love of a button [35] (284 words)
"Interruptus ruckus? Nah... just a button.
Today:
"🇵🇹 Nearer My God to Thee on the Elevator to Glory

*Tree2* 23 *Sun*

Up by 08:45. Forgot to put fan on last night but it's on now. 60 degrees @ 9. It'll get warm later.

"The Miracle of Teddy Bear" is intriguing. I can't find an English-subbed version. So... watching it in Thai. Much is obvious... but the 'why' isn't clear to me at times. Up to episode 7 of 16.

Thursday. *Yawn*

Visited with Angie and Billie Jo. Ate two pork burgers.

Confused brown rice with barley. Gonna be eating lots of barley. *Shock*

*Coffeeg* 24 *Rain*

Sat with Willie, Bill, Dalton and Monte. Nice talk with Jamie in God's Waiting Room and with Karen at the Peace Center.

The 0% chance rained on me.

Woe vs Rage just rained down upon the Eyes of Texas. Let the Civil War begin!

Kansas on August 2nd? A battleground.

Incredible fallout probable. I can see a woman's basketball team refusing to play in certain states.

I travel all the time but I hesitate to monetize my musing. I'm so NOT giddy. Tourist bureaus would hate me. Take Missoula as an example. Outdoor activities galore? Not during smoke-choke Fire Season. Ski? University activities? Not in December/January during grey-sky Inversion Season when the students vacate the state or go to sunny Bozeman. Liberal? *Laugh* Wanna meet some local Oath-Keepers?

I posted at fb:

In this Age of Woe v. Rage
can you sing
"Oh, say can you see,
how my country hates me".


*Balloong* 25 *Sun*

First Day of the Handmaiden's Tale...

It does set up a Civil War.

Sunny 63 degrees at 11:18. Everything looked normal the day the war began.

The White House needs to act swiftly and forcefully. It should've been ready one month ago. *Sad* Alack...

I have some writing to do by the end of June. 4 for offerings to the Bard. 3 more to Journalistic Intentions.

Wrote:

"Just about half past ten [36] ~160 words
" 🇵🇹 Not a Lighthouse (Faro, Portugal)

*Martian* 26 *Sun*

The Supremes are "Frozen in Amber".

I've seen chess pieces carved in amber. Is Alito the king? Thomas the bishop? Kavanaugh and Gorsuch matching knights? Barnett is the queen...

Vertical. The Marathon runs by and there's rally at the Courthouse. I need to get moving.

Dangerous times. If I read right, my friend Mattias Carlberg was in Oslo this weekend for the Pride parade and at the London Pub earlier that evening. Parade canceled? Folks went anyways.

Gasoline still $4.98/gal.

Rights Rally? Hundreds, prolly over a thousand showed up and most marched around town. Quite an outpouring. Only took a couple photos.

I told Sorji: "Yep. Things are going to get real on the Illinois border with all of its surrounding states. We had a rally/march today.

It's impossible for me to ignore politics unless the news doesn't cover it (I'm a news junky and coffee addict; I need to join NJA and CAA). Plus a friend was in Oslo at the London Pub just before it got shot up. Good times. *Worry*

Regardless of where people stand I suspect that it's going to be a HOT SUMMER."

Just met Ankara who is Uighur. We'll have lots to talk about!

Finished/posted: "Jaded... before the rain.

My chromebook doesn't have enough memory to function properly. I'm trying to close tabs... which for me is kinda like throwing away books. *Sad*

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lackawanna-blues-on-broadway-brings-a-black-co...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Pic of bamboo nose flute: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paiwan_people
Bingo-Lingo: https://readthailanguage.com/getaudio/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4SRUN7wac
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
woman with pistol: https://www.writing.com/main/em/box//msg/32808/dl/telegram.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QWKCcbRFg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYYyUhZKiEj4JzeVKUL3ysJ5M1_qQQB9P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXlu1MykZZI

To Chris McGatha on FB: I think Biden should sign an executive order stating the Medicare covers ALL woman health issues and that anyone receiving medicare payments CANNOT refuse medical care. And... Medicare will cover the transportation to anywhere that a woman needs to go to get that care... including anywhere in the world, but especially Canada and Mexico. Texas sucks; the Dakotas blow.


5849

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034035-Fourteenth-week-of-the-New-Year