*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034221-Stories
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1034221 added June 25, 2022 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
Stories
Stories

Someone said something once about there being only seven stories in the world. Or maybe it was eight or even six.

No matter, the point is that I find this very hard to believe. I mean, it sounds good, but then you think of all the stories that are being written around the world today. And that’s not just those that get published. They all count, even those produced by impoverished nobodies living in garrets and hobbyists in writing clubs. That must amount to millions of stories every day. And I’m supposed to believe that, in all those myriads of new stories, there’s not one that cannot be classified under the unannounced titles proposed by whoever suggested so low a limit?

Sorry, but I’m not buying it. I’m even prepared to state (not bet - I’m not a gambling man) that most of us could separate our various writings into more than seven “typical” tales. And anyway, believing that there is a limit, is just a way to become discouraged that you’ll ever produce something completely original. I have to believe otherwise.



Word count: 181

© Copyright 2022 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034221-Stories