*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035283-I-Queen-Alice-I-Have-Arrived
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2275393
My book for the Alice In Wonderland Challenge.
#1035283 added January 7, 2023 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
I. Queen Alice, I Have Arrived!
Prompt: 1. White Pawn to 8TH row/rank!
Congratulations! You have officially completed all the challenges and can now wear your crown proudly.
*Crown*
Alice Crown
Merit Badge in Queen Alice
[Click For More Info]

  "To the Looking-Glass world it was Alice that said,
⁠'I've a sceptre in hand, I've a crown on my head;
⁠Let the Looking-Glass creatures, whatever they be,
⁠Come and dine with the Red Queen, the White Queen, and me!'"  

Thank you for being a part of  [Link To Item #wonderland]  and    CONGRATULATIONS    on your crown for completing the journey!

I hope many more wonderful adventures await you in your future writings! 
*^*Crown*^*

2. Write a final blog entry {or static item} to commemorate this event including all you've learned {or not} with this process.

I was afraid I couldn't do this, what with the clues for the poems and stories, I was about ready to say I can't do this. I read each prompt and came up with something for each one and I was proud of what I did. There were things about Alice in Wonderland that I had forgotten. A unicorn and lion. Lewis Carroll's silly poems but I found out I could do these, too. I learned to do song lyrics. Not very good but I passed. I created a new drink, went down a scary hallway and had adventures. I found a new planet. My cat was in charge. I made up some classes. I wrote abut some bad memories. I wrote a poem backwards. That was a challenge. I wrote a story about Hortense, her hair and items with an H. Haddock Eyes. A strange poem. I was able to write a poem for it. I came, I saw, I conquered.

I was chasing the white rabbit and this was fun. I learned to do a different poetry format. I made up some new creatures. My husband got to watch all the dumb shows he likes {since we are both retired} as I was writing for the challenge. He came back to check on me and he isn't a writer. I read him a couple of my poems and he asked me are you sure you were back in the computer room and not down the rabbit hole? In my mind, I was.

I love Alice In Wonderland and I watched the Alice movies with Johnny Depp, The Red Queen, March Hare and this helped me get ready for the challenge. I learned I can write silly nonsense items and make it entertaining. I appreciate Lewis Carroll more and I admire his style. I am glad I got a chance to exercise that I can write other genres besides Jane Austen,stories about unicorns and his rabbit friend because I had never tried writing silly items. You know, they make sense after all. I learned I can write other things and I am happy this challenge did that for me.

Thank you iKïyå§ama Lornda and eyestar~* for your comments and encouraging me. I loved doing this. I looked forward to these challenges and I did improve my writing craft.
Alice, The Red Queen and Alice characters.

© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035283-I-Queen-Alice-I-Have-Arrived