*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036588-Unfortunately-Not-Too-Much-to-Write-About-Today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1036588 added August 16, 2022 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
Unfortunately, Not Too Much to Write About Today
Unfortunately, Not Too
Much To Write About Today


Today has been a very typical second day off from work. I haven’t been able to get too much writing done today. Normally, I would be writing ‘except for this blog entry.’ Only I can’t write that this time. It’s true, I haven’t gotten too much written on my second Short Story that I’m writing this month. But I have gotten a little bit written on it.

Unfortunately, that was only the first section/part of it. And I don’t like what I have written. So, I’m probably going to be re-writing it anyway. Why don’t I like it? It’s because I like to try to hook the reader in the first paragraph. It doesn’t have to be a life-or-death situation or an action/adventure one. But it does need to get the attention of the reader. And I don’t feel this one fits that want.

Why didn’t I get more writing done today? What is the usual reason why I don’t get too much writing done? That’s right, it’s because of what my brother and I needed to get done today. I knew that we had a few things that we needed to do today. But I didn’t expect it to take as long as it did. As a result, it’s my writing that suffered. I was lucky that I got as much writing as I did on this Short Story.

What is another reason why I don’t get as much writing done as I think that I should have? That’s also right. It’s either a lack of sleep, a lack of concentration, or both. Unfortunately, it’s both today. I didn’t get too much sleep last night. Don’t know why. But I only got about three hours of sleep last night. And because of that, I had some trouble with my concentration today too.

My lack of concentration wasn’t too bad. But because of my lack of sleep, it did slow me down some when it comes to my writing this second Short Story. And what I have already written above, it wasn’t just how much I have written. It’s also that I don’t like what has been written. That isn’t because of the lack of sleep or concentration, though. It is all on me. It’s my fault I didn’t get more written today.

Will I continue to work on this second Short Story? I want to do it. And I know that I should do it. But I doubt that I will. True, most of that reason is because of my lack of sleep last night. But that isn’t the main reason, though. The main reason is that I’m returning to work tomorrow. And I need all the sleep that I can get before I do that. After all, I am working the Graveyard Shift now.

I also still need to create my WDC Short Story. Especially, if I want to do any plugs for it or get any reviews from it. I’m going to try to do that before I go to sleep tonight. But I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do that or not. I should be able to do it. And I think that I can. But I still might not be able to do it tonight. Unfortunately, I may not be able to do it tomorrow either. So, I need to do it tonight if I can.






© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036588-Unfortunately-Not-Too-Much-to-Write-About-Today