*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036621-Too-Busy-Today-to-Get-Any-Writing-Done
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1036621 added August 17, 2022 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Too Busy Today to Get Any Writing Done
Too Busy Today to
Get Any Writing Done


This time it was my choice not to get any writing done today on my second Short Story for this month. I didn’t have a lot of time to do it. But I did probably have enough time to re-write the first section/part of it. Only I chose not to do it. Why did I do that?

Part of the reason why I didn’t re-write this section/part is that I only had a few hours to do it. And that is because my brother and I had some things that needed to be done today that I didn’t know about. Things that took us most of the afternoon to do. As a result, I didn’t have that much time to work on this Short Story.

It wasn’t just the time I had to write, though. I was also kind of tired after what we had to do today. Not tired as in sleepy. That wasn’t a problem for me today. I got plenty of sleep last night. It’s the kind of tiredness that makes me weak. I wanted to get some writing done. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Even my tiredness wasn’t the only other reason. I also had to get ready for going back to work in about an hour and a half of this blog entry. It doesn’t take me that long to get ready for work until after I write and post this blog entry. But it does take me some time to do it. Putting all three of these reasons together is the reason why I decided not to do any writing today. Until now.

That doesn’t mean that I didn’t think about this Short Story today. Because I have had plenty of time to think about it. I just haven’t had the time to write it yet. That isn’t a total disaster, though. After all, I wrote my first Short Story for this month while at work last week. There is no reason why I can’t do it again this week too.

The only thing that suffers from me writing this Short Story this week at work is my scriptwriting projects. If I’m working on this Short Story, then I’m not working on either one of my scriptwriting projects. It’s true, that I don’t need to get this Short Story done this week. But I don’t want to take the chance of not getting it done either.

It’s best to stall another week on my scriptwriting projects than to take the chance I won’t get this Short Story finished by the end of this month. It is also true that I could go back to my scriptwriting this week and do this Short Story next week if I didn’t get it done before then. But I decided not to do it that way because it would be awkward to do it that way. It’s best to get the short stories finished first.







© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036621-Too-Busy-Today-to-Get-Any-Writing-Done