*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037774-Halfway-with-a-Twist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1037774 added September 16, 2022 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
Halfway with a Twist

Halfway with a Twist


I’m not sure how I did it. And I’m not very happy with what I have written so far on my WDC Short Story for this month. But I have finished writing the first half of it. Except that it’s slightly over a thousand words. That means that I need to do some re-writing. So, in a way, I’m not quite halfway through this Short Story.

Then again, I am. After all, I did get over a thousand. So, I am halfway through it. I’m just a little bit more than that right now. And I don’t think that I’m going to have too much trouble getting rid of those six-plus words if I need to do it. Which I may not have to do depending on the second half of this story.

I can handle this rewrite in one of two ways. One way is to go ahead and do the rewrite now. Another way is to continue with the Short Story. And finish it before I do any rewriting. If I even need to do a rewrite of the first half. Depending on how many words I use in the second half, I may not need to do any rewriting.

Will probably do a rewrite no matter how many words are in the second half. After all, there is a two-thousand-word limit for this contest. And half of that is a thousand. So, I want to keep it a thousand or slightly under that for the two halves. So far, in my writing, I haven’t had too many problems keeping it under a thousand per half.

Also, I like both halves to be about equal in the number of words. I know that I can’t make them exactly the same. But I do try to be as close to both as I can get it. Usually, it’s the second half that is slightly a few words longer than the first half. Every so often, it’s the first half that is a little bit more than the second.

Still haven’t decided if I will continue with this Short Story or if I will do the rewrite first. I will probably continue with it first. And then go back to do the rewrite because I will probably have some rewriting to do with the second half too. Hope that it isn’t too bad like the first half. But it may be a lot worse.

Don’t know if it will be or not. But there is a very good chance it will be over a thousand words too. I’m very good at doing that. It’s a bad habit that I’m getting better at. I still go over quite often. But it’s not as bad as it used to be. It is like my tenses I’m getting better with them too. At least I think that I am.

Will I get this second half finished tomorrow at work? I think that I have a very good chance of doing that. After all, tomorrow is a twelve-hour shift. So, I should get it done tomorrow. But I’m not going to count on that until it happens. I have thought this way before only for it not to happen the way that I want it to.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037774-Halfway-with-a-Twist