*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037982-Woking-hard
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1037982 added September 22, 2022 at 2:42am
Restrictions: None
Woking hard.
FORUM
Welcome To My Reality Forum  (E)
Prompts to help you blog about real life and more...
#1967461 by Sunny
Prompt 6: Do you have a strong work ethic?

Yes I do. When I was born my dad was in the Second World War for six years. My mother brought up her three children alone and went out to work. My grandmother also worked at the school cooking meals and helped with our care too. So I was brought up with strong females who were not afraid to work hard.
When my dad came home from the war, my parents bought a small farm. Dad also went to work at the family printers. The chores all had to be done on the farm before and after school, even on Christmas Day. There were no gifts until the work was all done.
As I’ve mentioned before in my blog, my mother became bedridden when I was fifteen and I and my brother, who was only seventeen, ran the family grocery store.

My husband and I, before we married, bought a house when we were only eighteen. For three years we renovated that old place before moving in when we wed, aged 21.
At 28 we emigrated to Perth Australia where we knew no one. A year after arriving we had twins to add to our three year old daughter. So with no family help it was a lot of hard work.
I liked the fact I didn’t mind hard work. Ive always found it satisfying.


Frog in a Hanging Basket








© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037982-Woking-hard