*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038541-Week-29-Calm-sunny-autumn
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1038541 added October 10, 2022 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
Week 29. Calm, sunny autumn.
 


9 oktober

Almost 11. 50 crisp degrees. We will ease from 70s/40s to 60s/30s this week. It's all good as long as we don't have a killing freeze.

Troublesome dreams last night, but I'm fine.

Hiroki is in Prague. Should've gone to the Balkans this autumn. Next?

I finished a sudoku... all is not lost. *Bigsmile*

Ate farina with orange-cardamom; eating mashed potatoes with marigold petals and ribbons of egg (like egg-drop-soup).

66 at 3 pm, sunny and calm.

Well, found my phone, found my charger for my shaver (now charging). Still missing: camera, phone-charger, tablet-charger.

TS Julia successfully crossed Nicaragua and is off of El Salvador now.

8 oktober

It was 43 and foggy when I got up this morning. Not as bright as yesterday. Still not a bright day.

Pleasant stroll through farmers market. Got a blueberry pastry, a bacon-maple brownie, a small cooking pumpkin. Now at Butterfly Herbs where I've finished my Earl Grey-lavender milkshake.

Nice chat with Allison. She shared about her travel to Thailand.

When I open up... others follow...

I didn't feel well and got very little done.

So, I walked home across the bridge. There was nothing stopping me from going down the east side they've been working on. The light poles are up. The way was clear. It's almost finished. Dedication is Monday the 10th.

At home... watching a Thai series I can't get into. Chores?

I'm blocked again.

7 oktober

Newsfeed at YCC is getting like FB... silly memes and hysteria over nothing because there's no storm headed towards Florida.

Garlic porkburger for breakfast. Chicken and assorted other stuff for lunch. Avocado or snack. Drank chai. Trying to use up old teas.

Pinochle players can be painfully loud. Will do some work here in God's Waiting Room if they don't force me out.

Got a few entries transcribed from my blog to my journal.

Some folks have requested postcards. Must add to my list. *Bigsmile*

For Oct 7th BCoF: Social Media?

1 Facebook
2 YouTube
3 WhatsApp
4 Instagram
5 TikTok
6 Snapchat
7 Pinterest
8 Reddit
9 LinkedIn
10 Twitter

I cry bull... very US/English oriented. I use facebook and youtube. I may need to add IG and Line (not listed) in Thailand. I'd love to know the numbers for WeChat.

Also the article is money/market oriented as if self-promotion and $$$ is the only concern. And, of course, singing the Ameri$$$a is exceptional-and-best song.

6 oktober

46 degrees at 9-ish.

Fan is on by the landing. It gets stuffy in here if folks have windows closed. I closed one window to keep out wasps and flies but the other is open.

Visited with Angie and Billie Jo. Everyone seemed to be happier today as issues are being resolved. Even Meal-on-Wheels showed up! I fed them canary melon. End of the local melon season. Angie prefered the yellow watermelon, BJ the cantaloupe, me... honeydew, especially 'Sinful'.

Went to market. Bread and pork, eggs and a bell pepper. I got some course ground pork. I think I can do something with pork and pepper and pasta of some ilk.

I gleaned a small pear and some small maple leaves.

It's 4 pm, and a sunny 73 degrees. Beautiful.

Ate all the donuts. *Donut4*

5 oktober

May the fifth...

Bright morning but I didn't sleep well so I'm dragging. The devil's deep dark brew may or may not help.

I'll go to market this morning. Next week it may get down to freezing = later in the day maybe. I should start gleaning what I want to glean a.s.a.p.

Merry dumped off some food at GWR so I snatched the flour for myself and some other stuff I gave to Billie Jo when I saw her. *Smile*

So... I didn't go to market. Ate salisbury steak and mashed potatoes with thick mushroom gravy.

I sat out some shirts... 16 of them... to choose for my upcoming trip. I need light to very light-weight fabric, some with long sleeves and some that do not need to be tucked it. Tight is bad. I need to consider pockets though. I prefer a zipped or buttoned pocket to guard my passport, etc. I can wear any bright and preferably pale color but black isn't the best option.

Need to set out pants. Light-weight is a must. My pin-stripe grey pants are worn and old but comfortable but need a hem resown. I have chosen my pale-buff/eggshell pants that have an elastic type waist-band. They don't constrict my legs.

I'm making progress on many fronts, but no resolution.

I also checked on flights to Taiwan for the Year of the Rabbit that starts January 22nd.

Much better article on Kevin Locke:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kevin-locke-dies-at-68/ar-AA12DWgn?ocid=Peregr...

One of my comments on YCC today: "I think solar is one of many ways forward. In some areas they plant under the panels.

However, I see individual buildings being fit with solar, wind, hydro, thermal... whatever and a web set up. With proper architectural engineering geared to the local climate the reliance on fossil fuels can be radically reduced.

I also see a future for public transportation, bicycles, walking... many places in Eurasia don't have the American obsession with personal vehicles and an aversion to sharing. That demands a cultural change."

4 oktober

Cool early mornings, warm late afternoons.

Headline (story idea) "Ill-treated cat finds a loving family and becomes the cutest version of himself"

Pork burger for breakfast (dill and garlic added).

Took my shower; so, off to lunch! An idea for Thailand: shower in the morning and get out. Come back around 10-12 if I'm at a hotel, if permitted in the hostel or go to a cafe with a/c. Take another shower when I go out in the evening (to eat at night markets, etc.) 5-ish maybe? Similar to Costa Rica the sun will burn between 10-2. The heat between 12-4. Once the sun sets it will stay the same temp. This week in Maha Sarakham that would be 74 degrees, with a daily high around 85. The nap or noon-day break would be a great time to write in my journal, write postcards, write a travel-log and organize photos.

Got Kathy's address so I can add her to my list of Missoula fiends. Other scattergories: fb friends in the usa, fb international friends, past WdC fiends, present WdC fiends, snail-mail devotees, family, old friends, neighbors. I could send the 'same' postcard or message to Jay, Kathi, Krista, Linda, Carol, Karen, Jeton... because they don't know each other. Also... Kathi and Kathy are both at the Sr. Ctr. but belong to different groups. Small gestures, I'm sure. But someone will be happy to get a postcard. I try to take pictures of what I write as it helps me remember and I can use it in my travel logs. Will I have the energy and focus to send out 50 cards?

Did eat eggroll and sweet-sour rice but passed on the pineapple. Sat with Fred and Dalton.

5 o'clock and I ain't got nobody *Music2* ... haven't got nuthing done either... so it's time to choose something on my to-do list and tackle it.

1. dumped from luggage into boxes to go through and repack.
2. went through underwear and retired 3 pair. Have 5 + 2 (one silk, one quick dry; both are super light) set aside plus socks and black thermal undershirt.
3. added names to address book.

Well... posted on the newsfeed and got 7 comments. Very surprised.

Brewed some lemon-ginger tea. Trying to stay away from caffeine. Trimmed my beard a bit with the old shaver. Kinda, sorta.

Earlier, "baked" a pancake (added egg, orange extract, cardamom). It was edible.

3 oktober

A calm sunny week is forecast.

I have much to do; but, one task at a time will get me closer to my goals.

I ate two hotdogs for breakfast. I will skip the kielbasa for lunch. But... I should go the God's Waiting Room regardless to see who checks in and whether anyone has checked out. Plus, I need to take garbage to the dumpster before it gangs up on me.

A shower would be a good idea beforehand.

Noon and I'm on my second cup of coffee. I need to cut back and put time limits. I drank tea last night, but even that should be caffeine free.

In Thailand... it's important to stay hydrated. I don't like bottled water but I will give in to bottled drinks. They grow both coffee and tea. But I'll need to be flexible. Coffee, tea, soup... as long as the water is boiled.

The bed is stripped and washed/wiped down. Waiting for it to completely dry. *Check*

Will drink Constant Comment used peach water. Ate a nectarine and two small pears. I scored four juice sippies so I added some applesauce and pumpkin spice to the pork burger then cooked it in apple juice, then topped it with cheese.

I saw Kevin Locke perform many years ago. Well-known Lakota flute player and hoop dancer and a prominent Baha'i. He died today, age 68. This should be a clip from New Zealand.



Voting: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/montana-judge-knocks-down-republicans-ti...
Environment, wetlands: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jackson-tangles-with-gorsuch-in-her-firs...
Thailand (not so cheap): https://www.moneywehave.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-go-to-thailand/
Thailand wat/pottery: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko_Kret
Parody: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-onion-and-the-supreme-court-not-a-pa...
Trans overcoming: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trans-student-was-voted-homecoming-princess-in...
Travel experiences: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/i-spent-4-years-cycling-around-the-worl...
Youth representation: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-country-with-youngest-politicians-in-wo...
Casamance, Senegal: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-senegal-ancient-male-rite-collides-with-...
Seats 32" & 20" https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/consumer-group-pushes-faa-to-stop-airplane...
Black in KSA: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-black-expat-in-saudi-arabia-i-feel-safe...
Thailand rampage: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/thailand-mourns-horrific-mass-killings-at-n...
UthaiSawan mourning: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mourners-pray-at-thai-temple-filled-by-chil...
Uthai: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/thai-town-struggles-with-sudden-loss-of-so-...
Selfish? https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/relationships/childless-by-choice-women-are-...
NDN & CRT: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/tribal-nations-demand-repeal-of-oklahoma-s-anti-crt-...
UBI: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/what-happens-when-you-give-6000-american...
NDN: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/a-native-american-photographer-took-powerfu...
1000th moon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahasra_purna_chandrodayam
Taipei, Lisbon: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/12-of-the-world-s-friendliest-cities-...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-swastika-a-symbol-of-love-stolen-by-the...

6096

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038541-Week-29-Calm-sunny-autumn