*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038774-Only-a-Few-Seconds-to-Spare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1038774 added October 6, 2022 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
Only a Few Seconds to Spare


Only a Few Seconds to Spare


It’s kind of hard for me to believe too. But I did get the first Short Story written for the October Prep Challenge. And there are two things about it that make it different from my other short stories. Both are how it has been written. One way is that I’m using the Times font instead of the Courier Font that I used for my scriptwriting and other short stories. Just like I’m doing for my novel and this prep challenge.

The second difference with this Short Story is that I’m not using ‘And,’ or ‘But’ at the start of a new sentence. I either tack them onto the sentence before it, or I just don’t use them. So far, it hasn’t been a problem either way to do. But I have been mostly just not using them. If I remember correctly, I have tacked a few of them onto the last sentence. But not too many of them.

It wasn’t easy to do that. I’m used to using ‘But,’ and ‘And’ at the beginning of a sentence. Like what I have been doing with this blog entry. Of course, blogs are informal. So, using them within them is okay. At least I think that it is. But with most of the Reviewers, it’s not with short stories and novels. If not all of them feel that way. The fact that I’m still doing it is probably the reason why I had so much trouble doing it earlier today at work.

Maybe that was the reason why I barely got this Short Story finished before the end of my shift earlier today. I know that it slowed me down a little bit when it came to this Short Story. But did it slow me down that much? May never know the answer to that question. I think it did some. But not that much.

I’m also trying to cut out using ‘that’ as often as I can. I know it’s a problem I’m having. And most, if not all, Reviewers have pointed them out to me. Yes, I still have a big problem with them. But I do think I’m getting better at not using them.

What am I going to do tonight when I go to work at midnight Friday morning? I’m going to continue working on my second Outline for this challenge. Hopefully, I will do a whole lot better at it tomorrow morning than I did last Sunday. If I remember correctly, I didn’t get too many of the single paragraphs finished for this Outline. I think it was only seven written. But I hope I’m wrong about it.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038774-Only-a-Few-Seconds-to-Spare