*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039263-20221016-So-Writing
by s
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2263218
A blog detailing my writing over the next however long.
#1039263 added October 15, 2022 at 7:52pm
Restrictions: None
20221016 So... Writing
October 16, 2022, 10;00am

So... writing. I've been doing more editing than writing of late, though a few things have cropped up. I've been reading some stuff here and even reviewing some of it. I have even reviewed some stuff I have given a low star ranking to, but only because I can see the potential in the piece. Mind you, the responses to poor reviews are making me question what I am doing. And then I get someone who thanks me, asks for my help and rewrites and improves, and that makes me feel maybe I'm not wasting my time.

Anywho, NaNo is coming and I'm champing at the bit because in my head I have the start of the story already written. I want to put it on paper, but will wait until Nov 1. This story is going to be epic... ally mediocre. Oh well. So long as the idea leaves me alone.

Now, a follow-up from my talk. I was asked to put forward my side of the conversation between the belligerent woman and the organiser. Apparently the woman put in a formal complaint against the organiser (not me? I feel so left out...), but I told the person conducting the investigation what I wrote here - the woman was in the wrong place and demanded we help her there and then. I was asked if we heard any swearing. I said only from the belligerent woman, and we could hear everything. I was told I would be informed of the outcome of the investigation.

I also got into huge trouble when I dared to mention my thoughts on self-publishing, which I was asked about by one of the people from the state's writer centre. Apparently, I'm "elitist". I accused her of not trying hard enough. Now I, like the belligerent woman, am probably black-balled, and I don't think I'll be asked back to to any more talks...

I wish writing was just, you know, writing...

© Copyright 2022 s (UN: stevengepp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
s has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039263-20221016-So-Writing