*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040993-Madison-Wisconsin
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1040993 added November 24, 2022 at 3:50pm
Restrictions: None
Madison, Wisconsin
Locale: Madison, Wisconsin

Week of: 11/14/22

         This past week I was in Madison, Wisconsin delivering that basic Networking class once again.  I had five students originally, but one dropped out Monday at lunch when his wife tested positive for COVID.  Of the remaining students, three of them has as much Networking knowledge as I do, if not more.  The nice thing though, is they didn't try to run the class, they remained students throughout the week.  That's harder to do than you might think, but they seemed to have mastered that part of things.

         Once again, it was a fun class, made that way all the more so by their willingness to learn, and help the one student who wasn't as up-to-speed on networking knowledge as they were. We did cover a little extra in our discussions, but for the most part, we remained on topic.  As of now, I will return to Madison in May of 2023 for the second Networking class.

         Madison is a nice place, a college town/city, with a lot going for it.  It's small in size, and that suited me just fine.  I enjoyed my meals at night, except for one.  Let's just say I didn't choose wisely as far as my meal is concerned.  However, I did experience a few excellent meals!


Noteworthy Restaurants:

         Takumi Japanese Restaurant          https://www.orderonlinehub.com/takumijapaneserestaurant          I really enjoy dining at a Japanese restaurant, and Takumi was what I longed for this night.  I had their Godzilla Roll as an appetizer, and their Shrimp Tempura Udon for mt meal.  It had been a bit cold that day and the Udon noodles and Tempura really warmed me up.

         Erin's Snug Irish Pub Restaurant          https://www.erinssnug.com/dinner          It was my last night in Madison, and an Irish Pub sounded perfect to me.  And it was.  I will admit that my appetizer and dessert were definitely not Irish, but my meal sure was.  Guinness Stew!  Nice and hot, topped with a housemade puff pastry and baked.  Definitely worth the visit.  The dessert was Bread Pudding, and was good, but not fantastic.  Then again, I'm spoiled when it comes to bread pudding.''

         Buck And Honey's          https://monona.buckandhoneys.com/monona-buck-and-honey-s-monona-food-menu          There were 3 or 4 appetizers on the menu that I wanted, so I opted for their appetizer combo.  Bacon Wrapped Dates, Sassy Curds (Local Cheese Curds), and Firecracker Shrimp.  I should have ordered two of these and nothing more, it was that good!  Instead, I did order dinner, and had their Seared ahi Tuna Salad.  This is a very nice place, I don't think I could have gone wrong no matter what I ordered.


In Closing


         I will be home to celebrate Thanksgiving next week, then off the following week.  My last two weeks of classes in 2022 will be a portable/mobile radio class in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania, and yet another Networking Class in Fort Lauderdale  Then it starts all over for me.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040993-Madison-Wisconsin