*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041287-Muse-Seeing-Other-Authors
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2286083
Long, long ago, in a Newsfeed....
#1041287 added December 3, 2022 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
Muse Seeing Other Authors
"Good evening Adherennium, you look perturbed. What's wrong?"

Hiya. I'm. I'm all out of ideas as to how to promote the Whatever Contest.

"Really? I thought you were a positive fountain of ideas. An evanescent bubbling cascade of trivial ephemera and, quite frankly, utter nonsense. What happened?"

I have no idea. I had a busy day and then I sat down to write something and it just happened.

"Writer's Block?"

Already got one of those thank you, and it's got a full set of barbed comments and scalpel like witticisms. Bought them off one of those late night shopping channels. I used it as a door stop till I stubbed my toe on it one night after a particularly long essay.

"No, I mean did you suffer from. I mean. What happened?"

My muse told me that she wanted to see other writers.

"Oh my. That's bad."

There had been signs. Phone calls that go dead after a few lines of Romanic French poetry. Hastily hidden scraps of parchment, of a suspiciously Sonnet like appearance.

"That's too bad. Really too bad. What will you do now?"

Oh. Something will come up I suppose.

"That's one of the things I like about you, always so upbeat and positive."

Yes, I'll probably dash off some strange and unusual rubbish and name drop Schnujo, then mention the contest.

[LINK]

Problem is it's all a bit formulaic now. People have come to expect this drivel.

"Chin up. Things will improve."

Well, I've actually been looking at getting one of those Asian Muses.

"You mean pay for one to come over? Bit drastic isn't it?"

あなたはあなたがしなければならないことをします。

© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041287-Muse-Seeing-Other-Authors