*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041349-Working-From-Home
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1041349 added December 3, 2022 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
Working From Home
Locale: Bloomington, Illinois

Week of: 11/28/22

         This past week I was home and finally got some work done.  I have upcoming classes in Kentucky (April), and NYC (Long Island Railroad, but not until May), and Los Angeles (Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communication System in January) that requires me to prepare course materials, or become much more familiar with a new device (Juniper Router) that has been added to our systems.  I was going to spend my week working on adding a Powerpoint module to  an existing course for the upcoming class in Kentucky, but my priorities were changed last Wednesday when I was tasked with creating three short videos for use by some customers.  This requires creating short videos (less than 10 minutes in length) using Powerpoint slides and narrating with a lot more information than provided on the slide.

         I finished one, but once again had my priorities changed when I learned that the customer in Los Angeles has that somewhat new (to us) Juniper Router in it.  We have some information on it and its configuration, but not a lot.  I'm fine with the basics about it, but really need to know it indepth.  The problem is, that device is locked down pretty well, so there's not a lot we can do when it comes to hands-on activities.  Fortunately, a co-worker (Instructor) prepares all materials for this course, and he's hot on getting the course materials completed.

         Friday one of our training consultants called me and said that the Asia-Pacific Training Manager wants me in the Philippines in January/February twice for 2 sessions.  With my schedule as solidly booked at it is, I couldn't do those classes until July at the earliest, so another instructor will probably be assigned.  It's nice to have a senior manager ask my support team to send me for this class, though she did say another instructor would do if I wasn't available.  A second call came in Friday, this time the State Department wants me in Germany again for about 2 weeks of classes.  We'll see what the future holds, huh!

         Despite these minor distractions and excitement, I did manage to get a bit done.  I did more than just that video (I had to prepare the Powerpoint slides to support that first).  I managed to add in a little cross-training on a course I've long wanted to deliver.  I also worked on that module for a class with the Kentucky Emergency Management.  Again, we'll see what the future holds, and how many changes occur to my schedule between now and the end of the second quarter.  Right now I'm scheduled for 90 days of delivery in that timeframe.  A few years back, 90 days was 15-20 days from a full years delivery!  How things can change!


In Closing


         Next week I will be Wilkes-Barre Pa delivering a basic radio class, followed by yet another Networking Class in Fort Lauderdale  Then 2023 starts with a bang!.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041349-Working-From-Home