*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043145-The-closer-to-the-ground-the-better-BANANA-2-Prompt-2-13
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1043145 added January 15, 2023 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
The closer to the ground the better BANANA #2 Prompt 2 [13+]
Which is worse, local or national politics/politicians?

My dreams soar into realms of the unknown, unknowingly forgetting that the farther they go the greater the fall back to reality.

The same seems to apply to idealists that enter government. Good intentions does not equal good governing. And those who have no ideals have no vision and those without a heart no shame.

At least those who have nefarious intentions unabashedly ignore the consequences. They tend to rise to the top. Most social-psychopaths do. CEOs are prone to this mental deviation. The more devious the better for making money and inadvertently or unintentionally hurting people without apologies.

National politics is rife with the power-hungry living off the ill-gotten gains of heartless supporters or the meager mites of the easily manipulated.

So give me the local politician who serves rather than lords over others. One who knows the community and tries to provide for it. One who heals the festering wounds and sews impending rifts before they become chasms.

Those closest to the ground best know the common people. Those well-grounded who have vision guided by their heart are a blessing.

~183 words

986

© Copyright 2023 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043145-The-closer-to-the-ground-the-better-BANANA-2-Prompt-2-13